Thursday, December 22, 2005

"Krista teacher, thank you.--Julie's grandmother

Yes, I realize that I am not in fact Krista (my class' previous teacher, from February until I came in August) but the fact that she made a special effort to say thanks was so sweet because the woman doesn't speak ANY English. So the gesture was a sweet one, I thought. And she really is a sweet lady who is raising her granddaughter. She seems like a class act.

And yes, today went pretty well. As soon as the curtain opened, Willy freaks out and starts giggling, and he seemed like he was so excited, and he totally sang as loud as possible about two seconds ahead of the entire song, but really, I couldn't do anything but smile. SO cute. They did a pretty good job today, and I'm proud of them.

Here's me and my class, in their costumes, looking cute. Why is Pitt winking?

And this is the entire school, or what I could get of them all, singing "Silent Night" and "Jingle Bells." You can kind of see my kids on the far right. Willy's the one not in line... typical!

So that was my morning. I even got two presents today, and they're actually awesome! One is a daily calendar, with an old school Disney pic on every page, and the other was Elizabeth Arden perfume, which I actually like the smell of. Yay for Grace's mom, who LOVES. :) And tomorrow the kids get their presents from Elly and I, and I'm giving Elly her scarf, and it's awesome. And then I leave Saturday morning. YAY! I realized on the walk home today, that I am really happy. Today was a good day.

Another awesome thing about today: Starting in January, I'm going to be teaching this reading comprehension/writing class to kids with really high levels of English. I'm excited because a) this is the stuff I KNOW how to teach, and b) kids who can speak good English is NOT something I'm used too, and it will be an aweome change. So today I had to give these new kids an assessment test, so I didn't have to teach my ONE class for the day. And most of the kids showed up a bit after three, so I just hung out with Elly for, like, 20 minutes and she looked up hot Korean guys for me. This is my new boyfriend:

He's mixed--he's half Brit and half Korean. Um... COULD you be the hottest guy EVER? Possibly. I'm just sayin'... And he does ads here for a store called Bean Pole and the Gwyenth Paltrow is in the ads too. Um... Neat. It still freaks me out sometimes, when I see her in commercials. Whatever, a girl's gotta make a living.

So... yeah. Good day, good week, hopefully good vacation coming up. Speaking of, I should get back to packing. Balls... I hate packing.

Merry Christmas

Much love.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you PLEASE bring home one of those kids?? Dressed in those costumes?? I about DIED from cuteness!!!

PS: You look hot. :o)

--Crystal

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home