Sunday, November 27, 2005

"Wanna meet my new boyfriend? His name is Rex."--me, on my iPod

So my week's been exciting, I guess. On Tuesday, with Jade, we ate at California, this Japanese sushi/roll place, and I ate eel and fish eggs, and it was delish. :) Ate there again last night and LOVED it.

Wednesday and Thursday you heard about, I think. Friday morning, Thanksgiving back home, I called home and talked to everyone. It was awesome. Even Marta, Abita, Raul and Tiffany and Megan. Yay! It was awesome, and really nice to just hear some people's voices. I only got sad for about five seconds, and then I pulled it together. When I think about not being home for the holidays, I just get really, really sad. But I get sad around the holidays anyway, so maybe it's not going to be so bad. And I have Vietnam to look forward to, so that's pretty exciting! Had lunch today with a friend of mine who's already been, and she kind of got me excited. So... here's hoping my first Christmas far, far away will be... happy.

Speaking of Christmas, I wrapped a bunch of presents today and it made me happy in my heart. :) Too bad there aren't any bows...

So one more bit of story to tell, then we can all move on. Last night, Jo and I went out with two of the Korean staff from school, Elly, my supervisor, and Jinni, Joanna's kindy supervisor and my ESL supervisor. It was a total blast!! We went to an area called Hongdae, where there are a bunch of bars and a university, and we just went to this one club, NB (not Envy, Joanna!!) and just danced for like, two hours. Joanna and I ended up getting boxed in by these three Korean guys, who used their three sentences ("What is your name? Where are you from? What do you do?") pretty early in the game, and then talked to us through Elly and Jinni. But it was really funny, and it's not like back home were guys are all up on you and you're like... GET AWAY FROM ME! People aren't... raunchy here, even if they're REAL drunk. So that's a really nice change. And the place we went was crawling with HOT Korean guys. I supported it. ;) But dancing was totally fun, and Elly and Jinni are a little bit my favorite. Came home and called a bunch more people, inlcuding my house where I talked to my dad for longer than I think we've ever talked before. This includes the time we took a 16-hour (one-way) trip to Georgia. But it was really nice.

Lunch with Kelly and church today, after a little stop to Namdemun market, which is quickly becoming my new hangout of choice. I might be a little bit addicted to pineapple on a stick and pizza off the street... I did buy a sweet coat for the equivalent of $9 though. You really can't beat that.

And finally, RENT was purchased, which destroyed my soul a little bit, but on the upside, my iPod, Rex, is my new boyfriend. He decided to start working on Friday and I'm totally obsessed with it. :) I was rockin' hard core on the subway, and I think people were afraid of me, but who cares? It's awesome walking around by yourself in a big city, with like, your own soundtrack. I feel like I'm in Sex and the City.

Much love, y'all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pineapple on a stick sounds like it was invented just for you. :o)

--Crystal

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did RENT destroy your soul because it was good or bad?

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home