Monday, December 12, 2005

"My passport was in there!!"--me

Had a nice weekend. Friday night I just hung out, watched some sweet Lost with J, then hit the hay. Class on Saturday was good, I'm really enjoying it. Korean is a little bit the best that I know of. :) After class, I had to run out to Itaewon (again) to finalize Vietnam stuff, pick up my Visa, all that kind of thing. So I meet up with J, have some sweet Subway, and head over to Unique Travel, the place we've been planning our trip through. We get there and see this:


Yes, that's a building ravaged by fire. Our travel agent is in said building.

I proceeded to freak out because my passport, along with Joanna's, was in there. Awesome. So luckily, J kept me nice and calm and everything worked out, we can still go, and life will be glorious in two weeks. Joy. :)

After that, I headed out to COEX mall to meet up with Lindsay to hopefully buy Christmas presents for my kids, but to no avail. My mission failed. So balls, that's still on my plate to do. But that night, we ended up meeting up with her boyfriend, John, and going out. First we went to this Canadian bar, where "Bobbie" greated us with a shot of tequila... Can't really complain. Even though I'm pretty sure I was the only person from "The States" there, it was still good times. We moved on from there to a bar called Just Blues, where we met up with JohnandLindsay's friend from Finland, Tommy. Gotta love it. We just chilled and listened to this band. They were pretty good, and the drummer was real cute, so it was a good time. Fun Saturday night.

Sunday was a chill day, cleaned up all my crap on the floor and cleaned my bathroom (so necessary, I can't even tell you...). Then J and I headed to church. After church, she went off to dinner and I stayed and hung out with church peeps. We went to rock some sweet kalbi. Here we all are at the restaurant.


That's Erin and me, Solomon, Fredrick and Mark. Erin I met on Thanksgiving, Solomon I met last week (and he was obsessed with my scarfl... he's wearing it in the pic...), Fredrick's from Korean class, and Mark lives two stops away from me so we hang out. He came to HP with us last weekend.

We had dinner across from this HUGE building that's a giant techno mall, and the landscaping there was really nice. There was this huge staircase with rainbow colored lights going across it, and I just had to take a pic.


Pretty cool, huh?

Oh, and early Sunday morning, while I was sleeping, I heard the great news. My Lakers are National Champs AGAIN!! That's three times in four years baby!! And I managed to talk to my friends who went, and damn Crystal made me cry. She got to go this time, and she was so excited, so I talked to her to see if she'd had fun. And she's all, "yeah." "I'll tell you one thing," she says, "these people adore you." And... I lost it. Luckily, I was just leaving so I had an excuse to not BAWL my FACE off. Oh man...

And then today, I get an email, and it leads me to this:

It's a pic from 'Bama, and it's the Coot Memorial Service. My spirit's there in the middle.

I felt it, guys. I love you! :)

Much love.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl-

Serious business here.

Why on earth was your passport not WITH you in a foreign country??? How did it end up in that building???

Miss you tons! -Annie

9:35 AM  
Blogger omega7j said...

All's well that ends well :). Remember you are loved here too. :)

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That light picture looks like something straight out of Xanadu. It's awesome.

--Crystal

3:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Girl--
My passport was at the travel agency because I had to get a Visa to go to Vietnam. That=passport. :)

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home