Tuesday, November 29, 2005

"It's when you cry just a little, but you laugh in the middle, that you've made it."--The Mraz

After getting a letter from Mema today, and talking to the whole fam on Thanksgiving (theirs, not mine) I'm definitely crying a little but laughing in the middle. I'm missing everyone a lot, partly because I've been gone for four months now (exactly today, actually) and partly because I've never been away for the holidays. Even as I typed that, I started tearing up. Anyway, I know that everyone at home loves me and is thinking about me and is proud of me, and, while it doesn't make being away from them any easier, it makes being away more purposeful and more... right, in a way.

By the way, let me go on record here: I love Saltines. And this melon popsicle ain't bad either. :)

Got home a few minutes ago from my Language exchange with Jade, rockin' some sweet Korean, like ya do. She is so dang sweet. But, I digress. Let me relate a little story that happened last week. Jade and I go to Starbucks after dinner to study, and she always makes me order, in Korean, whatever we want. So last week I'm stumbling through the order, and I get through it and Jade walks away to get the drinks and I'm there paying, and the cute Korean girl at the counter says, "So, are you like here learning Korean?" Perfect English, California accent. I nearly had a coronary. It was the craziest thing ever! I totally loved it. Anywho, she was there again this week and it made me happy, especially since I just ordered in English. SCORE!!

It snowed for about two seconds today. Kind of exciting, and magical, and made my kids scream for a full minute--longer than it actually snowed. NEAT. But still, the first snowfall of the year is magical.

Blogger HATES uploading my images, it's so clear. Balls. And also my iPod HATES video. Balls again. But on the plus side, my computer has decided that it loves LJ again. So... looks like I officially have two blogs again. :) I missed LJ...

Alrighty, I should get off to the showers and bed. Meeting and Performance Theater in the a.m. Easy day but gotta get in early...

Much love.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl-- we sent you your christmas present and we hope that it is everything you wanted and more. I super hope you get it by Christmas!! You will be with us for sure 'cause the fab isn't the same with out you!!!

-Ghar Char

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home