Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm still alive... don't worry!

I realize I haven't posted in ages but I'm still alive, I assure you all. I've been busy trying to get my travel itinerary together, buy plane tickets, find places to stay, all that garbage. Shoot, finding a backpack to take was hard enough work... BUT, I found one and I've (kinda sorta) packed it and now I'm just counting down the days. I doesn't seem real yet. It really doesn't. I mean, part of me is SO READY to go and part of me just wants to stay because so much of my heart is here now. I mean, there are 13 little babies here that I just adore, not to mention the co-workers and friends I'll leave. I need to just have a nervous breakdown about it all, and then I'll be fine, but it's just not ready yet.

As far as life goes, I had a really busy last Saturday, running all over town for a haircut, a backpack search and hanging out, too. I went with Phillip (and entourage) to a street fortune teller for fun and it ended up being hilarious. She told me I'd get married when I'm 30 to a guy who's a designer of some kind. So I guess I am destined to marry a gay guy! lol. Hmm, what else? Oh, she said I heard music in the womb, and that I have "music in my heart and hear music in my dreams." I don't know if all that's true, but it was nice to hear. I also took silly photos in a photobooth with Mark (and entourage) and then played Jenga at a board game cafe. It was a busy but super fun day.
I've also been running around trying to get last minute stuff done, which is tough cause I'm super broke til Monday when I'm (supposed to) get paid. We'll see if that actually happens. Plus I'm sending home an entire life and several seasons of clothes so the post office is my new hang out. Balls. And let me just mention that carting a crapload of stuff to the post office alone is NOT my idea of a good way to start a morning. I'm just sayin'...
Now let's move on to the photo portion of the program. First, my haircut. I got a different style this time, and my boyfriend who cuts it said I should be a hair model about 5 times. I'm just saying... :)

It's a little shorter than it should be, but he cut it short 'cause I'm traveling. So yeah... a gay boy told me I look like Liza circa the Cabaret years, so I'm okay with it.

Next are a couple of funny ones. This first one is on the back of a van in the parking lot of the apartments where I live.

Um... it's called grammar. Check it out.

And this one is a sign on a clothing store in Suyu. It may not appear funny, but the humor's in the placement of the space. Really.

Awesome. And finally, here's the video I made for my kids. It kinda makes me cry. Whatever.

Okay... don't know when my internet's gonna be shut off but I should be able to update once more before I leave. Which is in a week. For Thailand. To lay on a beach for 10 days. And then go to Hong Kong. And China. And Australia. Oh, and New Zealand. Because that's how I roll.

I can't wait!

Much love.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger omega7j said...

Awwww!!!1 Greatest video EVER!!!! I am totally teary right now. Can't wait to see you.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I'm confused. Are you going on your trip and then returning to the states for good? Good luck on your trip...it sounds like it'll be amazing. Stay safe!

Bri

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home