Monday, November 20, 2006

Sometimes things don't turn out the way you planned...

Tuesday I got my passport stuff taken care of and it was a friggin' NIGHTMARE. What COULD have taken an hour and a half took three because I had to wait at the embassy for pretty much ever. Thank you, American government efficiency. Serioulsy, it was so bad I almost wished I was Canadian. Almost. Anyway new one should be arriving next week so all will be well.

Also at school this week it was aweful because we had to get our pictures taken, like, every day. And the kids would just look at me like "Why?" and I'd look at them like, "I have NO idea" and it was just ridiculous. First of all, they were posed classroom pictures, making each kid pretend to study or read a book with me and then snap a picture of it. Then we had to have the graduation pictures with a cap and gown on (twice, 'cause two kids were absent the first time) and a whole class picture as well. It was all so fake I could barely stand it. It was seriously gross. But, I did have Karen snap one of the group pic for me, because Lord knows that the school wouldn't be nice enough to us to give the teachers one. That would cost money, and show us some appreciation. Heaven forbid... Anyway, here are me and my babies.


The rest of the week was fairly uneventful and very little actual instruction went on, through no fault of my own. Apparently, I work at a three ring circus and not a school. Whatever. Friday night Miriam, Seeta and Phil came over and we had a potluck and watched a Christmas movie. It was a little bit awesome, and Miriam wins for making cookies. *sigh*

I also found out that my supervisor was fired. This story was confirmed by Karen herself on Saturday when we went shopping. And the best part? She was fired because the principal can't fire the person she should. And, oh yeah, there are TWO MONTHS left. I might work for the SUPIDEST PERSON ON THE PLANET. I CAN'T STAND her! Seriously... But Karen seems to be okay with it, and she's got other stuff going on (getting married, moving down south, getting a real job that doesn't SUCK) so that's awesome. It just sucks 'cause I've never once complained about the work she does, and this explative fires her for a crap reason. Um... It's a good thing I have 7 weeks left or I'd probably get fired.

Saturday was shopping with Karen, picking up some Christmas presents. I'm going to try and finish it all up next weekend. Yay! After shopping, I was planning on going out to a Sun Radio show, but I couldn't get a hold of anyone and no one bothered to call/message/get a hold of me back, so I stayed home. Bummer. I watched a movie and hung with Lancelot, so it was okay in the end.

Sunday I went to E-mart and bought cream cheese (yes, I go to a specific store to buy one specific item... it's fine) and then headed to church. Mark got is back from Canada, so I got to see him, and after church we had a Thanksgiving dinner on base. It. Was. Awesome. The turkey was dry and the ham was too salty, and the stuffing was kind of dry too, but I didn't even care. I ate like a hog and LOVED my life.

I've really been missing everyone at home lately, and just bumming that I'm missing yet another holiday, and it was nice to just eat like I was at home surrounded by friends, who are the best thing I've got for family over here. Anyway, here's a pic of HeeJun, me, and my pal Cam. Good times, noodle salad.


And let's talk about how delicious pumpkin pie is. 'Cause it's awesome. Seriously.

Anyway... I'm counting down the days until I can kiss CIS goodbye and take a whirwind tour of the world. Oh yeah, and go home for Christmas. :)

Much love.




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home