Sunday, October 15, 2006

"I hate this, I hate myself, and I hate you."--me, in regards to mountain climbing


I had to work all week, so basically it sucked and each day was aggravating and pointless. I work at C.I.S. This is my way of life.

I did, however, have quite an eventful Saturday. SeetaandJamie took Mamma and Daddy M to climb Dobong-san, the mountain close to where we live. I'd never done it in my year here, and I felt pretty bad that I hadn't, so I came along. While it was pretty warm out and it was a good workout, including climbing acutal rocks, it was pretty fun and the view and the experience were spectacular. Of course, I have pics. The first one is the first little lookout point. You can see most of Uijeonbu here.


Yeah, I had to climb actual giant rocks. Here's proof:


Yep, climbed up a few of those. Um... scary. Just a bit. Next is a picture from the top, or as high as we went, anyway.


And one more...


And of course we took the obligatory group photo on the way down.


The lady was a total pro, and even got the city in the background. Clearly, she was awesome.

It took us about 3 and a half hours to go up and down. It was a work out, and I fell once and hurt my elbow, but it was a great time. Glad I did it. Oh, and I made a new friend. Check this out...

Okay, this dragonfly thing is getting freaky. One landed on my shoulder a few months ago after church. And now this... What's the deal? Can't get a date to save my life, but clearly dragonflies LOVE me. Such is my life.

After the epic mountain climbing adventure, I came home and took a nap. After a sufficient amount of rest, I met my pals Mark and Cam and headed to Hongdae where we ended up eating dinner at this Italian restaurant with a waterfall around it. Um... awesome. I had lasagna made with green noodles and it was YUMMY. Clearly key to life. At the restaurant, my friend Fred and his girfriend and Cam's roommate met us, and we went to see Sun Radio, a band that now has TWO of my pals as members, not just one. Clearly, I am awesome and THAT is awesome. It was John's (of JohnandLindsay fame) first show as the new bassist, so it was great. I'm not sure if my entourage enjoyed the show, but I had a great time and my new hair makes dancing super fun because it bounces all around.

My new haircut made a smashing debut as well. All John said to me all night was how much he liked my hair. He was even petting it at one point. Oh man... funny. Also saw an Austrailian band called The Cants who confirmed my theory that all bands beginning with "The" are awesome. The drummer even invited anyone to come stay at his house in Austrailia, which is fine with me 'cause I'm planning to go there and he's a rockstar. lol. Anyway, it was a great but early night, and that was fine with me 'cause, y'know, I climbed a mountain in the morning. Like ya do.

Much love.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger omega7j said...

Okay, maybe I'm just dumb...or tired...but I don't get the title. Anyways, glad you made it up Dobongsan. I climbed a mountain on Saturday too...fun times..lol. Anyways, miss you and wish I wasn't working. I'll catch you soon :)

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home