Wednesday, September 06, 2006

"It tastes so much better when it's on the house!"--Christa

It's been an eventful week, and it's only Wednesday. So, I figured I'd better update before my usual weekend entry gets too long.

So last Tuesday, I lost a kid from kindy. I asked Karen, "Am I going to get another kid?" and she said probably not. And what happened yesterday? A new kid shows up. NEAT. Just when I put the extra chair in the hallway... Anyway, I guess she'd been going to the Uijeongbu campus of our school where the teachers apparently smoke large amounts of illegal substances because she is no where NEAR where my class is. She's not close to the same place in the books (Her math book, which was supposed to last THE WHOLE YEAR is finished. Um, hello?) and she can't really read or write, which, I'm proud to say, all my kids can. So... yeah. Balls. And of course she can't be in any of the other classes... gah! It just bugs me. And now I have to get a new kid used to the routine that's been going on for over a year now. Sweet.

Anyway, she's a sweet little girl named Christina, and of course I'll do my best to catch her up, but still. It just bugs me that once again, a teacher's opinion or expertise isn't wanted. So nice. But... here's her picture. She's cute, of course, and all the kids in my class have been really helpful trying to get her into the groove. I <3 my class.



In other school news, one of my favorite kids, Cindy, quit CIS. She was in Rodney's class but she was super cute and every day she'd give me a hug. It was so sweet! But... oh well. Bye bye Cindy.

And apparently my Young-Hoon class quit so I now have no class on Tuesdays/Thursday. At least, that's what I thought. I found it funny: when I was teaching the class the way I wanted to, the kids were happy and liked coming to class. Once the class changed because some psycho mom who had NO CLUE about what her kid needed/wanted/could do, everyone quit. Makes me feel pretty good, actually. I am SO GLAD I don't have to deal with that psycho mom any more. But anyway, I'm sitting at the desk doing my work yesterday, and John (one of my two Y.H.ers) walks in. I straight up told him to go home. lol. So apparently they really DIDN'T quit. John had no clue. But he doesn't want to study alone and the school doesn't really want him to because God forbid I teach one student who wants to learn when there are potential others who could make the school more money. Because teaching isn't about kids, it's clearly about money. Again, niiiiice. I can't WAIT to be done.

Oh, and we got a new "principal" on Tuesday who seems like a total b!$@#. So I'm excited about that, too. She's already saying stupid crap that pisses me off. Um... I've been at that sorry excuse for a professional school for over a year. DON'T tell me what to do.

But I did manage to have some fun on Tuesday. Christa has been doing a detox diet for the past 30 days, and yesterday was the end of it. She planned dinner at this really good Italian restaurant, and we all went after school. We drank wine and ate our faces off, and it was SO GOOD until one person didn't get thier dinner because the waiter screwed up. So in the end we got a free bottle of wine and 3 free desserts (tiaramisu... YUM!!), which was kind of awesome. Here's a pic of the boys, Jamie, Adam, and Nate.


They all look a little... wined up. lol. It was super fun and waaaaay yummy. Clearly, key to my life.

So that's been my week so far. A little too much excitement if you ask me.

I do have a couple more pictures though. James in my class is my little monkey and he does whatever I tell him. One day round about last week, I was bored and this was the result.


That's his shirt around his head.


I think he's secretly my favorite kid. NEVER tell. ;)

Much love.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home