Sunday, August 20, 2006

"Guess who's going to China over Chuseok...This kid right here!"

I've had an extremely productive weekend. But let's backtrack for a moment.

My week at school was as good as can be expected when one works for Satan. I did hear, however, that our school is on the "chopping block." Satan is looking to sell it, apparently, becasue he made some bad investments in China or something, and now he doesn't have the money to run the school or something. So I'm looking at this whole thing positively. We'll either get bough out (fine with me) or get a new owner who is not Satan and could potentially be an actual decent human being with a soul and, like, feelings.

I guess when you sell your soul to money and Satan you come out on the losing end. And I clearly win. :) Plus, we had a day off on Tuesday and I went to the pool with Rachel and Mark. Even though it rained, we had a nice lunch so it was okay. Four day work weeks are SO KEY. *sigh*

Speaking of China, Saturday I booked tickets to Qingdao, China for Chuseok. This is where Joanna lives now, so I can go visit. Plus, SeetaandJamie might come too, which would be super fun because I could play with them while The J has to work. We also might take a day trip to either Beijing or Shanghai, depending on prices and how much time we have. I'm so excited!! Plus, the tickets were less than $400. This is so key. Granted, it'll be a short trip, but it's still something. Yay.

I also booked tickets home for Christmas, just to make sure I'll have them. So yeah.

After booking, I had lunch with my friend Kelly who just got back from her vacation. Super nice to catch up with her. Then last night I caught up with my friend Fredrick whom I haven't seen in months because he's got a Korean girlfriend now. Whatever. In fact, I went out with the "We've Got Korean Girlfriends" club last night. Gag. It was me, Fredrick, Mark and Fred's room mate Daniel (half-Japanese, half-British... Yes, I'm in love with him.) with his girlfriend. I KIND of wanted to barf. There is NO LOVE for a foreign girl over here, let me tell you.

Blah.

Today I got up early and went to church (yay me) and then met SeetaandJamie for some Starbucks time. We just drank coffee and read and chilled out. SUPER nice. Oh, and I started chatting with this girl there, and it turns out she was a sculptor from Iceland. A) I've never met anyone from Iceland. 2) I love artsy people. And D) her medium was wax and cheese. Yes, ladies and gentleman, she made a sculpture out of cheese. I'm not gonna lie, it was a little bit the coolest thing ever. I love weird artsy people.

I feel like I was barely home this weekend. It's nice to be home now and chillin' out. Hopefully I'll get to bed early tonight, but I'm starting a new book so I dunno... I guess it depends on how much I like it.

Much love.

1 Comments:

Blogger omega7j said...

Hey...so excited you are coming to see me....plus, I realized today that I am on holiday that week...so we can do things together. Day trip to Beijing isn't really possible though...so we shall have to see what we do. I was thinking of coming to see you either in the early part of that week if I can still get a ticket...or later in October when I have a few days off. I have to look at my calendar when I get to Qingdao cause it is slightly different than here. So, more on that later. Can't wait to see you...I'll keep you posted on other plans :o)

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home