Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"Four day work weeks are SO key..."

I have today off. I went to the pool until it started raining, then I ate a decicious lunch of chicken Ceaser salad. Already, today has been better than ANY day at CIS. Plus, I got to hang out with Mark AND Rachel so life was joyful. Except that the bottom of the pool was painted blue, so anyone who touched the bottom with thier feet (or any other part, for that matter) turned them blue. Only in Korea, I swear.

Today's independance day, or something. Independance from Japan. Which means that today in Japan is like, Memorial Day and people go to the graves of thier loved ones. It's so interesting, if you think about it. The overlapping history of Korea and Japan. Crazy.

So I guess I should relate my weekend. Hmm... Friday was wine and cheese night. I think I watched a movie... can't really recall. But I ate a wheel of Brie and drank wine and loved my life. Saturday was class and then a haircut/perm. I was kind of upset by it, though, because the girl kept saying my hair was "very damaged." Um... it COULD be 'cause I haven't been able to wash it in warm water for two weeks, or I haven't had a haircut in about 5 months, or because the water here is awful or... whatever. Anyway... it looks fine now so I'm happy. I'm still contemplating cutting it off though. Maybe before I leave.

If I do cut it, I want it to look like this (the girl with brown hair):

Could I pull that off? Please comment on this issue.

Hmm... Oh, also on Saturday night I went out with Linds, Christa and Seeta to the bar with the pool. It was joyful.

Sunday I went to Itaewon and Insadong and realized that I could buy nearly everything in Insadong and never bat an eye. OMG... I am in LOVE with it. It's a place where they sell more of the "traditional" Korean things, instead of clothes or whatever, and I'm in love with ALL of it. I can't even take it. Seriously. So that was depressing. Then I came home and watched Lucky Numer Slevin, which is a decent movie considering Josh Hartnett ruins my life.

Monday was... Monday. What can I really say about it? I've started hating the place I work and people I work for, although I like my job. Paul said there were only 99 working days left on Monday, so that's awesome. Especially since I get an extra 4 off in my new contract. Make that 95. Hot.

Hmm... still working on the Hawaii pics. Don't know what to do...I might just make a movie of them and then post it on YouTube so everyone can watch it. I'm not really sure yet. I'll figure something out soon, though.

Anyway, I picked up this SUPER awesome book on Saturday at What the Book? (that place is becoming crack to me) and I think I'm gonna put in a movie and read it.

That. Rules.

I LOVE not working. :)

Much love!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home