Friday, June 16, 2006

"I feel like a whole new person."

I've had a kinda rough week, at least at the outset. My cough of death reared it's ugly head on Sunday so badly that I had to go to the doctor. So Monday after school, I went to some guy and he gave me, like, 6 pills to take three times a day. So I start taking them and whatever.

Tuesday night I watched Korea's first World Cup game against Togo, which they actually won. It was pretty fun; I watched it with school people and a whole herd of Korean fans, and the atmosphere was cool. Anyway, happy Korea won, as were all Koreans everywhere. They have some SERIOUS soccer pride over here. Anyway, we're somewhere in this crowd...


So I wake up on Wednesday, and I feel HORRIBLE but figure if I eat and get to school, it'll take my mind off everything. So I go, and I'm working on a test I have to make up for my class, and I have to rush to the bathroom and throw up. Nice. So Jade takes me to the doctor and he says it's the cough stuff that made me ralph. So I quit taking that, and started taking something else (4 pills three times a day) and my stomach's been fine since. I went home that day, and remained horizontal for most of the day, and got a good sleep at night, and I woke up Thursday feeling like a new person. Ahhh.

Thursday, my YH class was canceled and it was awesome. Granted, not teaching is rather boring, but it does offer me quite a bit of time to catch up on work, which is awesome. :)

Yesterday, I felt so good that I actually took a minute and had a good time with my kids. Here are some of the results.

Caroline lost a tooth, and she looks really funny. Almost like she's been in a fight.


Then there was Eric, my mullet kid. His mom put him in a magnetic earring, and he looked so much like a pirate I just couldn't NOT take a picture. If only he still had the patch from when he got shot in the eye with a BB...


And I love that Jenny's behind him, showing off his mullet.

This next picture takes some explanation. I was on the floor because I was laughing at the way one of my kids was dancing to "Take on Me" because it was THE funniest thing EVER and I was literally crumpled on the floor laughing about it. And Eric took my camera, and the kids climbed on, and we have this picture. Eric's got a future in photography, I think.

And finally, because I hadn't taken one in a while, here's my doggie. :)

I did end my week with some fun, and not only at school. Last night I FINALLY saw X3 and IT WAS AWESOME!! A) Kelsey Grammar is totally a bad @$$ 2) boys that cover them selves with medal, have an adimantium skeleton, and have wings are HOT and d) the magic 30 seconds after the credits was THE BEST! I could watch 6 more X-Men movies. Seriously.

I woke up this morning and got to talk to Abita. That was nice.

On my agenda is finding my T-Money card, finishing laundry, cleaning and maybe getting out and taking in this nice day. I should be going out tonight, but we'll see.

Much love.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What 30 seconds after the credits? We missed that! Tell me about it!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish there was World Cup Fever in the US. I'm so jealous of all the footage you see from all over the rest of the world. It's like the Olympics, except the US doesn't care. SUCKS.

A mullet AND a dangly earring? That poor kid, LOL.

Wasn't Kelsey Grammar the shiznit?? I was super impressed with him.

-Crystal

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl-- I had a dream last night that you called me and then someone interrupted me and I lost your call and I tired calling you back and it didn't work. I woke up really upset :-(

The magic after the credits is KEY to LIFE!!!

Everyone on campus has major world cup fever too. It's been really fun!

-Char

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home