Monday, May 08, 2006

"Isn't every day Children's Day?"

Children's Day was the reason for my long weekend. I'm just wondering what exactly is the point of Children's Day? Isn't EVERY day Children's Day? Kids get presents and we get the day off... LAME. BUT, getting the day off was key so yay for Children's Day.

I spent my day rather well. I went to the National Museum of Korea with my pal Kelly in the morning. It was a bunch of artifacts and stuff, tons of Buddah's and old pottery and wooden objects. Anyway, it was pretty interesting.

That night, I went with Mark, Fredrick and their friend Jen to Insadong, attempting to buy a Mother's Day gift (unsuccessful) and eat some chow (Thai food, yummy). There was a festival going on down there this weekend, the Hi Seoul Festival, so we encountered a bit of that too. We wandered along the Chongguechon River, at night, and it looked a bit like this:


Really pretty, fountain and everything. And I would be remiss if I didn't post the group shot. Here's Fredrick, Jen, Mark and me, along the river.


Anyway, good times.

On Saturday, I wanted to head back out and check out festival stuff, but unfortunately it rained. All day. So I made it out of the house for a brief period only to each Chinese and watch Elizabethtown with friends, which wasn't really what I was in the mood for, but it was still something to do. And it was nice to be amongst other Americans (even though they were from Ohio, ick) instead of the token American, which is what I usually am. So yeah... rainy day pretty much wasted inside. BUT, I got a lot of work done, so it's all good.

Sunday was SUPER nice out, so I took the dog for a walk in the park, then came home and worked a bit, and went to church. After church, Mark got the burger he's been craving for a week when we went to T.G.I Friday's. Yummy.

So that was my weekend... fairly well spent, I feel. Here's hoping the week goes by fast!

Much love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home