Thursday, May 04, 2006

The dress thing

I was a genius to take Monday off because if I had to work more then three days this week, I would have died.

I'm so beat right now I'm staying at home instead of hanging out and watching fireworks with some pals. I am pretty fired, and I feel bad about bailing, but I'm just BEAT. I had a rough week in a lot of ways, and I'm staying home and having a pity party tonight. That way, I can have fun the rest of the weekend.

Anyway, I'm so tired because a) I stayed up til nearly 1 on Tuesday night watching Walk the Line with a pal 2) I forgot about this thing I promised to do last week which I'll elaborate on momentarily and d) my knees have been hurting so badly I can barely walk. Nice.

So the "thing I promised to do" was go to this dress cafe with supervisors and girls from work. Apparently you go there and try on, like, wedding and prom dresses and hang out and whatever. And my supervisor Karen REALLY wanted to go, like in the depths of her soul desired to go, and so last night we went. I TOTALLY forgot about it, but, because I'm a good person, and because Karen is so nerdy it's super-cute. So anyway, we went and we tried, and here are pictures.

First, me in what I WANTED to wear, the BEST prop ever!


But unfortunately, the earmuffs didn't fly. I had to wear a wedding dress, because they were the only dresses that fit me. So here it is...

Oh Lord... And the best part was that on the way there Christa said that it's bad luck to try on a wedding dress before you're engaged, or something like that, which I've never heard but that doesn't mean it's not a completley valid superstition. So basically, I'm screwed for all practical purposes. Nice. Anyway... here's my supervisor Karen and I. She's the mastermind behind this whole plan.

OMG... I should be on the top of a cake. A REALLY big friggin' cake. Foul.

And finally, here's the whole clan. Karen, Christa, Sophie, Jade, Margaret (back for a one night engagement and complaining the whole time), Linds, and me.

The most fun was how riduculous it was. Anyway... too many late nights this week and other stuff going on that's making me drained.

Blah.

I gotta get to bed.

Much love.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the last two entries. Gorgeous pictures, white dress and all. Never heard the supersition before, we used to do the same thing in high school!
You looked beautiful, any wedding cake would be happy to have you!
Love Mom

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coot, you are going to be so purty on our wedding day....

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home