Sunday, May 14, 2006

"Apparently I turned 75 and didn't know it."

More on the title later. Let's take this thing cronologically.

So... Remember that dress thing I did a couple weeks ago? Turns out Jade's husband is a photographer in a photography club and he wanted all of us to come to another dress cafe (it was called "Princess Diary" if that tells you ANYthing about this situation) and pose for pictures for some photo contest. Or something. I don't really know what happened, and even now there are still parts of it I'm blocking out. All I remember is me in a HUGE dress that was stabbing me in the side (and the dress was made for a Korean so the rib cage of it was narrow and mine is, well, not narrow, and there was a pretty serious boob situation...) but it was a Korean-style dress, so that was kinda cool. Anyway, we posed all over the place, couches, beds, everywhere. I had to sit on this pink velvet bed and a little bit of my soul died. It's fine.

But it was pretty funny anyway. I mean, there's only so much a girl can take, so when we went down stairs for round 2, I started playing with my dress. I was using it as a shawl because I was cold, wrapping other people up inside it too. I was dancing around to make Christa laugh. I moved my hair piece to the front of my head to look like a unicorn. And apparently one of the guys asked Jade (remember, all the photographers were speaking Korean) if I was a tomboy. Ha ha. I think that's funny. :)

So that was my Friday night. And since I was out late, my goal for the rest of the weekend was to just sit at home. Which I did, after class and a doctor's appointment and church today. Sweet. Anyway, the doctor said I have the begining signs of arthritis in my knee. Neat. So I have to take meds and wear a brace and rub this magical gel of joy on it that takes away all the pain. The gel is the BEST thing ever. :) And after the doctor, I was so depressed that I'm a 75 year old woman with arthritis that I went on a spending spree. But I DID get my mom a mother's day present, so that's good. And an amythist necklace. And a wallet. And a CD. Anyway... depressing.
Watched Memoirs of a Geisha Saturday night. Pretty good movie, although I needed English subtitles to watch it, and there weren't any. Balls. But still a good movie. I really loved the part when she's narrating, and she talks about the poem in the temple called "Loss." And she says that the poem has three words that the poet has scratched out, because you can't learn about loss, you can only feel it. That part was... good. And the part where she dances in the snow on the friggin' GIANT shoes of death. Anyway... interesting movie.

So that's my weekend.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, and all others. :)

Much love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home