Sunday, September 10, 2006

"I. Had. So much. Fun man!"--Adam

This week was far too exciting. You already heard about Tuesday's excursion (fun times). Then on Thursday, in retaliation for "boys night" we had "girls night." Seeta, Christa, Lindsay and I all went to Hyewha and ate at Istanbul, a Turkish restaurant. It was SUPER yummy but the hot waiter was absent. Balls. I drank a new beer at dinner called Hoegaarden (Ho-garden... yeah, awesome) and it was yummy.

After dinner, we mosied to get ice cream at Hagen Daas. Yum. Outside the ice cream shop, Lindsay spied a dancing bottle of soju. Luckily, I had my camera and this is what I managed to capture:



Three dancing bottles of soju (a.k.a. "rocket fuel," the local liquor of choice...) on a float of somekind. Terrifying... and strang-e.

Friday was nothing spectacular. I was kinda supposed to maybe have a date but, as well all know because this is my life we're talking about, it didn't happen. Over. It.

Saturday a.m. was class. Then I quicklly came home to rest up for going out that night. See, Adam (of AdamandChrista) joined a local band here a couple months ago, and last night was his first gig with them. The band, Sun Radio, is decent and Adam was super excited to play. So a bunch of us went out to support him: me, Christa, JohnandLindsay, Gareth, Nate, and various other sundry pals from afar. Since the place was a venue and not a bar, most of us just stood on the hill drinking and chatting. Lindsay and I decided to be cool and drink wine out of plastic glasses with straws. Because we are cool. I forgot my camera but I definately took a mental picture of drinking wine with straws. It was funny. We are awesome.

We ended up seeing three bands, The Waking Party, Sun Radio, and Jet Echo, all of which I've seen before. Jet Echo=THE AWESOME. I'm pretty sure I've talked about them before, but they are seriously sweet as heck. ANYway, it was cool to know someone in the band and watching Adam perform was kinda cool because I know that music is a huge part of his life. Plus, he was really greatful for us all being there, and that was really sweet.

We didn't stay much past the last band because everyone was tired and Adam was starving. So we grabbed a cab home, where all I heard was Adam talking about how much fun he'd had on stage and did we have fun too? And blah, blah, blah. It was funny. So we stopped at the McDonald's in Miasamgeori (whoever decided to keep it open 24 hours was a GENIUS) and ate some nasty food (Big Macs are gooooooood) and came home.

Of course, I slept like poo because that's apparently what I do now. Awesome.

Today was church and then a Dongdaemun run. I just shopped for a little bit and got depressed that I couldn't find anything 'cause over here I'm a big fatty, so I went to eat, which was secretly the whole reason I wanted to go there in the first place. Key.

While it was a great week and I had tons of fun, I'm hoping this week is calmer. And now that I have 6 hours a week free, work is MUCH less stressful. :)

Parent/teacher on Wednesday and then smooth sailing for a while. Sweet.

Much love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home