Sunday, October 01, 2006

"This was pretty much the best week ever."

It didn't start off that way. Monday I was sick. Like, I woke up and felt like I was gonna barf all over... and then I did. Twice. Turns out, Christa was sick too, which was excellent because I wouldn't have made it to the doctor without her. Seriously. Anyway, the doctor said it was food poisioning and dehydration. Around 3:00, I started to feel better, and managed to make it out of the house to buy some dinner. Korean Traditional porridge is KEY for a sick day meal. I'm just saying...

Tuesday was a day as usual, but I have an hour and a half break now, so that pretty much rules. I've been doing a lot of decorating and redecorating, and it makes me feel like a good teacher. So that's nice.

Wednesday was also business as usual. Blah.

Thursday was a fieldtrip day. We went to the sweet potato farm, just like we did last year. It's actually one of the better field trips, 'cause the kids can be active and run around, not just walk around in a line. This is key. So... here are some pics. This is Willy with the smallest sweet potato ever.


Clearly, James found the biggest sweet potato ever.


The look on his face is classic James. He's secretly my favorite, let's be honest. :) Here's Caroline with a pretty big one, too.


Here's everyone digging. Eric is clearly happy about something. Probably his mullet. Or the potato he found.

Finally, here's a class pic. It's a little different from last years as Joon is gone, Christina is here, my supervisor is now Karen and I'm wearing a different outfit. Oh, and they put creepy, weird scarecrows in the background. Nice touch.


So that was that. Overall, a good fieldtrip and day.

Friday was Performance Theater. I put the performance on YouTube, and you can watch it here if you are so inclined. :)

Friday night I made baked spaghetti and Chritsa and I drank wine and watched 2001:A Space Odyessy. Interesting movie... Glad I watched it but still kinda freaked about it. It's kinda creepy, let's be honest.

Saturday. Ahh, Saturday. I had it free because last week was my last Korean class. Christa and I made appointments to get haircuts, but before that I had to finalize my China stuff and eat a pita. Seriously, the pita's at Pita Time contain crack because I've eaten one EVERY weekend for about 4 weeks in a row now. OUT of control.

Moving on... China's all ready to rock and roll, and I even think my pal Kelly's gonna watch Lancelot, so I don't even have to take him to the vet. Yay!! After Itaewon, we hightailed it to Head Rush and I proceeded to chop my hair off. Yep, it's gone. Here, see for yourself:


I like it more today than yesterday, because I styled it myself and it's a bit more messy. Key. Sorry about my ghost-like face... not really sure what's up with that. Anyway, that's my new hair. I'm excited about it 'cause it's back to natural now, no more color at the bottom, no more perm. I'm starting new, and it feels really good. Seriously, once all the grossness hit the floor, I felt free. It feels so good to have my old hair back again!

After the cuts, Christa and I shopped around a bit and lamented the fact that we don't get paid until Wednesday. I bought a new hat and dangly earrings, in honor of my new hair and the neew ease with which I can now wear both. I also bought an AWESOME coat for you don' t even wanna know HOW much... But I love it. Anyway, later that night my new hair and I went out to Sortino's to eat. Seeta's parents came to visit her (she's been here four months... I've been here a year... whatever) and she and James took them to Sortino's for dinner. Adam and Christa came too. I had spaghetti and meatballs and it was yummy. Mmmmmm.

Today I skipped church and went with SeetaandJamie and momma and daddy to Insadong. But before Insadong, we went to Cold Stone Creamery, which I just recently found out exists here. It. Was. GLORIOUS. I can't even describe how magical it was. I had chocolate icecream with peanut butter, peanuts, and caramel in it. It was heavenly.

Then we went shopping. I bought a "you moved to Georgia for a job" gift for Brigette and a birthday gift for Annie. Clearly these purchases were key as I've been meaning to buy them for ages, just haven't been able to find the time. I also bought two Christmas presents because I rule. :)

Insadong is clearly the most evil place on earth because I LOVE pretty much EVERYTHING there. I fell DEEPLY and HOPELESSLY in love with these paintings I saw. They are $200. There are three of them. I am buying them before I leave. They are THAT awesome. *sigh* Oh man, I could seriously spend an entire paycheck there. It's so bad. Evil, evil place.

Walking around, I spotted this little doosey and had to take a picture in it.


You can clearly see why. Everyone who walked by wanted to be my friend. I'm so cool.

Much love.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl. That hat. Seriously. You should wear it every day.

And those scarecrows ARE pretty creepy, even for scarecrows.

As for the hair... Totally hot. It's odd to think about your princess hair being gone, but I totally love it. Bahing.

-Crystal

9:00 PM  
Blogger omega7j said...

LOVE the haircut. It looks absolutely fabulous. Can't wait to see you on Thursday :) TTFN

4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more I look at the picture with the new haircut, the more I like it and the thinner you look. Girl, I can see the cords in your neck!.
Love you, and that hat-crazy!
mom

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home