Monday, December 18, 2006

For a laid back weekend, I sure did a lot of stuff...

Oh man. I really just wanted to chill all weekend but, alas, such was not the case. See, on Friday night we did our Secret Santa dinner/debauchery with the foreign staff. I kind of organized it, so of course it was a fabulous time. First we went to dinner at VIPS, which is like a steak/salad bar buffet place. It was decent food, and it turns out my Secret Santa was Seeta (which I kinda figured out) so I got an awesome gift. I got earrings and a necklace that are gorgeous. However, I wore them to church on Sunday and as I was taking my iPod headphones out, my earring flipped onto the floor and... broke. Um... balls. I superglued it back together, though, so I'm hoping they're still wearable. I suck at life sometimes.
Anyway, after dinner we went and had some beers and then headed to nori bong (Korean kareoke) and sang our little hearts out. Of course, there are pics. This one is me and Phil. Clearly we are rockstars. Not sure what we're singing.
Ste-buh and I dancing. Gotta love my face.
Finally, the finale pic. This is Seeta and I singing "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" (and Phil's random leg with no body...) which was the finale of the night. It. RULED.
Saturday I managed to make it to the dentist AND I communicated what was wrong AND that I was going to the states the next week so I wasn't making another appointment. I RULE at Korean! Seriously, I was really proud of myself. It was awesome.
Then I came home only to head back out to an outlet store pretty close to where I live. I wasn't planning on buying anything, BUT Seeta is an evil person and makes me try on cute hats and then I see cute coats that GO with the cute hats and... yeah. I came to Korea with 2 coats and I now have 10. I. Have. A problem.
Finally Saturday night I went out to Adam's last Sun Radio shows (okay, I didn't stay for the LAST last one, but I saw the first last one so it's fine) and get a CD (score!) and go to, what Lindsay called, a "Russian bar." Turns out "a Russian bar" is actually a bar made of ice. Everything is made of ice. The walls. The chairs. Even the art and the cups. It was pretty cool. Observe the wall.
Now, let's get the full picture here. It started snowing on Saturday night so as we were going from show to SubZero we paused for a snowball fight and tons of fun in the snow. BUT, I wore my bar shoes and NOT my snow shoes so my feet got SOAKED. And then we went to a bar where it's -5 Celcius and the boots they provide don't fit me? Yeah, I was a little miserable after a bit. But it was still a super good time because the five of us were the only people in there, plus our new friend the bartender. Here are a couple more pictures, of course. This is me and Linds in the hot parkas they give you. Coleman called us "snow angels." Clearly.
This is me and my parka and my drink. Notice the "glass" is actually a block of ice.
Now, this last one is a treasure. We decided that since we were the only people in the bar, we'd play with the bartender. We wanted to see if we could get him to take his shirt off. And he did... but not alone...
Yeah... shirtless boys at a bar made of ice. Life here truly is an adventure and a surprise every day.
Can't believe doggie and I will be home in less than a week. Seriously. I can't belive it.
Much love.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger CSoentgen said...

Oh my GOSH I've ALWAYS wanted to go to an ice bar!!! I hate you! (Okay I love you but still.)

PS: That Shakespeare T is pretty much the greatest thing ever. HOT.

How does this bad boy know who I am? I don't have a blogger account. Strange stalking website....

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there.

I haven't read your blog in many moons so I was shocked to see that you're finally coming home. I assume this is for good...like not JUST for the holiday, correct?

And congrats on the planned Australia trip. I wish I had the opportunities to go on crazy trips like that...unfortch, I work full time.

Have a safe trip back!!

*Brianna*

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home