Sunday, January 28, 2007

The end is in sight

I had a week like most others at CIS, simply a bit more hectic because I had to finish all the books I've been teaching. Mission accomplished on that front. Also, I was just trying to enjoy my kids for the last week, but somehow they got on my nerves even more than normal. I think we're both just ready to move on; as much as I love them, a year and a half is a long time. I'm excited to see them graduate tomorrow and get another step closer to becoming, like, real people. Crazy.


I'm also getting ready to leave Korea, my home for the past year and a half. That part's not so easy... I'm nearly all packed for my trips, which is amazing. Honestly, I didn't think all my stuff would fit. And it doesn't, but that's because the diabetic girl has to take two months worth of supplies along. Fun. So I just bought a carry on bag and I'll put books/diabetes supplies/a coat in there and then send it along when I get down under, I think. Speaking of sending things home, I think I'm going to send my beloved laptop home, too. I kind of need to cut the cord with the internet, and just really relax. I can always go to an internet cafe to check email and stuff like that. Just typing this is giving me a bit of a panic attack, but I'm dealing. I can live without the internet. I can.


At least, I hope I can because they're probably coming to turn it off tomorrow. Oh balls.

In weekend news, yesterday the parents of my kindergarteners took me out to lunch and got me the most amazing gift EVER. A Swarovski crystal necklace. Serioiusly, it's gorgeous. I almost cried when they gave it to me. And Joon, my little kid that left my class around September, came with his mom so it was great to see him too. Here's a pic of the whole table of beautiful ladies. Seven of 13 ain't bad.



The best part of the whole thing? Lucy's mom brought Lucy and baby sister, the cutest kid IN THE WORLD. Seriously. Look.



Seriously, I can't even stand it.


Last night I went out with school people (Rodney, SeetandJames) and some of my friends came as a sort of farewell last hurrah. Beer and nori bong were in order and it was a late but enjoyable evening. It's all getting very sad, though. Gah...


I hate change and wish everyone I love in the world lived in the same damn place. Balls.

Today I met with Jade, the lady I used to do Language Exchange with and whose wedding I went to. It was great to see her again and catch up. Then I went to church and now I'm home making the CDs for my kids for tomorrow. I'm putting the movie I made on a CD for them, after buying 38 CDs that don't work I finally got 15 that do. That is NOT awesome. But I'm watching Ugly Betty while doing it, so life isn't all that bad.


Graduation tomorrow, packing, packing, Thailand!! I'll try to update again when I can, but don't know how soon that will be. Definately by April...when I'm home. :)


Here's my kids' last Performance Theater from Thursday. Enjoy. ;)


Much love.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home