Friday, March 24, 2006

"I feel like a caged animal!"

Y'know, lately I've just been walking around this city feeling like everything is just... right. My tunes are bumpin' on my iPod, the weather's amazing, and life's just good. And that feels good, to feel like for once things are right and I'm where I'm supposed to be.

And then... you have Parent/Teacher conferences and you want to scratch you eyes out with the nearest blunt object. It's always just so, like... frustrating. Case in point: I got the question, "How can I make my child study at home?" from several parents. Whaaa? Lemme break it down for you: YOU are the parent. THEY are the CHILD. They are SIX. MAKE THEM STUDY. BE A FRIGIN' PARENT.

I mean COME ON.

It's nice to know parents are the same all over the world, though. Licensing, I'm telling you, it's the way to go.

And then my dumb kid's mom is like, "You should make the class for the smart kids AND the slower ones" and I'm thinking, "Thanks for letting me know because I only went to school for five years to learn how to be a teacher and you didn't. I forgot. CLEARLY you should run my classroom and not me." I'm sorry her kid's dumb, but he IS and that's all there is to it. I'm sure he's good at other things like... um... like... well I'm sure there's something.

AND they ate into half my unpaid lunch hour. BALLS.

Anyway...

I'm still trying to update about the wedding, but Blogger is refusing to let me upload more than 5 pics, and it's just pissing me off. BUT, I'm working on it.

No class tomorrow... Sleeping in, YAY!!!

Much love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home