Sunday, March 05, 2006

"This is my United States of whatever!"--Liam Lynch

Does anyone know that song? Because Mark reminded me of it and it's TOTALLY awesome. :) It's going on the iPod IMMEDIATELY.

Anyway, today was a typical Sunday. Didn't do much of anything except go to the store, clean my apartment, go to Starbucks and go to church. SO exciting! Here's what Lancelot and I do on Sundays...

Good times and most necessary. He's all clean too, because yesterday he got a bath, which he still hates. Observe...

Trust me. He was pissed. :)

Yesterday I also went to dinner with my friend Mark, and then his girlfriend met up with us and we all went to see Brokeback Mountain. Yes, it came out here. I know, I was shocked too. It was weird to see it with an audience, and I'm pretty sure I was the ONLY person in the whole theater crying. Like seriously, I was trying with every fiber of my being to stay somewhat composed and cry quietly (instead of BAWL like I wanted to) and no one else was even batting an eye. Whaa? I think the whole gay thing didn't really affect people, because most people here still believe there are no gay Koreans. Nice. Welcome to 2006. ANYway, I think that's why it didn't really connect to them the way it does to me. Or maybe I'm just a freak. But still, it was awesome to see it in theaters but I'm glad I have it at home where I can BAWL properly. Sometimes, you need it.

Went to church today and it was pretty nice. The pastor that we had before went back to Chicago where he was raised (find him Liz!!) so now we have another guy who's also pretty good. After service Jenny, Mark, Erin and her boyfriend Matthew went out to eat. Matthew just came in to visit from Canada, like, yesterday. But Erin seemed really happy, and he seems nice (They "met" on the internet two months ago, while on separate continents, and, for all practical purposes, met yesterday. Oh, and they're getting married. Whatever.), although a little too knowledgeable to be socially comfortable, (hi, I play Dungeons and Dragons) but a nice guy. And if The J's theory holds true, these two will be together forever because the TOTALLY look alike.

Anyway, took the subway home and decided to capture this little gem of a picture, to share with everyone at home. This is a typical Korean toilet as can be found in any subway station and some buildings.

Yep. It's a fancy-fied hole in the ground that you squat over to pee. But secretly, I love using them. NEVER tell! :)

I'm off to hit the showers and read before bed.

Much love.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger omega7j said...

It's destiny...you can't escape looking like you're partner..lol. I met the BF boyfriend yesterday. Fun times..let me tell you :). And Lancelot is getting so so so big. He looks nice and stress free though. Hope you are too. Miss you and hanging out. I'll catch you soon hopefully :)

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lancelot is a cutie, but really, really mad!!!! Is that his Lion look?

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home