Saturday, February 25, 2006

"When you eat here, do you ever feel like you're on Fear Factor?"

Rachel and I had an interesting night last night. We attempted to eat at a Korean place where we thought we ordered fried squid, eel and vegetable pancakes by pointing to said items on the menu. WRONG! We apparently ordered a plate of tentacles (suprisingly edible and even, dare I say, good) and a steaming bowl of something that resembled meat. I attempted one bit of this "meat" and found a tendon or tendon-like substance in it. Like, no meat, and a huge tendon or something nasty. SICK. I don't even KNOW what it was but I hope it wasn't eel because I never want to eat it again, and I was kind of exited about trying it. And the sick part is that I'm SURE Koreans would mow DOWN on that crap and LOVE it. Gross.

Another lovely moment in the evening was when we were on a street full of strip joints and we were trying to get back to the main street to walk elsewhere, and I asked Rach "Wanna take the dark ally away from Titty Town?" And at that moment I realized: I would NEVER say that back home. Taking the dark ally is pretty much NEVER the best decision. Only in Korea... only in Korea.

I went out this morning and bought a dustbuster and it brought the greatest amount of joy imaginable to my soul. Really. I can't wait til it's charged up and I can use it. :)

Also got to watch three hours of Olympic coverage and it was awesome. My little Apollo won gold and LOVED it. Yay! They're over soon though... :(

Is it weird that every time I see a medal ceremony I tear up? It doesn't matter what country it is... I just tear up. That's SO weird...

Doing a little apartment maintenance like laundry and cleaning currently, and will head to church in a bit.

Talked to the BF today and it was glorious.

Much love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home