Sunday, February 12, 2006

"So Rodney, who killed the moose?"

I had a pretty chill weekend, spent most of it incubating my disease, which still hasn't decided to either make me sick or not show up and go away. It's one of those feel like crap in the morning and then kinda feel better during the day but still cough. Whatever.

I went to class Saturday morning, then out to lunch with my class. I ate these "black noodles" that you're supposed to eat on Black Day and I guess then some amazing person supposed to show up and sweep you off your feet. Black Day is one of the three Valentine's Day-like holidays they have here. Nice. One is Valentine's Day, where girls give to boys. Then March 14 is White Day, where boys give to girls. Then APRIL 14th is Black Day ,for everyone who's single. Whatever. Clearly I've already been reminded I'm single for two months straight, not to mention the entire Christmas season. I don't need my own day, thanks. Couples are THE thing here. It's sick.

Saturday night I went to Rodney's house for a real Newfoundland dinner cooked by a real Newfie. It was lots of salt and meat, so basically delicious. Corned beef, pease (peas?) pudding, chicken, potatoes and carrots, and moose. Yes, real moose meat. And let me tell you, it was some GOOOOD eatin'. Rodney and I kind of had a heart to heart about the new staff, and how we haven't really clicked with anyone... Anyway, it was a good, chill night, and I was home before midnight and even got up for early church, instead of the 4.

Going to church early was a little key because I had the whole day to play with Lancelot and hang out (and get a MUCH needed hair cut and wave-uh perm-uh). But it was kinda hard too because it was the first time I went to church officially by myself, and I sat by myself, and no one talked to me, and I had this complete and total feeling that I was alone here. I serioulsy almost cried at church like 5 times thinking about it.

Balls.

PLUS, I've been trying to watch the Olympics and have failed miserably. AFN CLAIMS that they're playing Olympics 24/7 but they are nasty, dirty, rotten LIARS. >:(

Much love.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger omega7j said...

Awwww....I was up with ya until the end :( I've had that same meal at Rodneys...lats Christmas dinner=yummy! Anyways, sorry about the Olympics thing...are they at least plaing highlights? And you're better than me for the church thign cause I didn't even make it today. don't really like the church here...so thats going to be a problem. Anyways, hope things are good. I'll give you a shout soon if you can email me your cell number...lol

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I watch the Olympics I think of you.

--Crystal

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home