Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"Happy Year of the Dog!"

Interesting long holiday weekend. Friday was... Oh, Steve's. Saturdy you already know about too. So we're up to Sunday, which was the acutal holiday. Lunar New Year, in case you missed it. It's now the Year of the Dog.

Sunday morning I just hung out, did some laundry. Then the J and I went to church (we walked to the subway station because it was faster than the bus. Traffic =ed CRAZY!) After church, we decided to have an adventure and try to find the Hard Rock Cafe here in Seoul. I kinda just wanted to go see it, and after church I'm hungry, so it all worked out. But all the maps and directions are DUMB because we had to walk forEVER to get there, and the lady at the restaurant was like, "Oh yeah, you should have gotten off at this stop!" Just when we were giving up hope of finding the dang place, the neon guitar beckoned me in the night. So we found it and we chowed and it was cool. JohnandLindsay, along with ChristaandAdam met us there, only because the beer was $1. Sweet.

We all left with the intention of going to this blues bar called Just Blues, but, once again, it wasn't open (we tried to go during Chusock but it was again, closed). I'm starting to wonder if the place actually exists. So that was a bust. But, when we were walking to the subway, someone spied this little gem of a sign:

If you can't read it 'cause my picture's blurry and crap, it says www.analsurgery.co.kr. No, I'm not lying...

Then we missed our transfer on the way home, and decided that the boys would race the girls home, to see which route was fastest. It was touch and go most of the way (let's just say the girl's team did a complete figure 8 before we got going the right way) but we TOTALLY won. :) Awesome.

Then Monday... Met up with The Girls (Linds, Christa, The J) and went out to COEX for this animal thing J wanted to check out. I wasn't really that into it, but I did get to see this little guy:

Yeah, it's a turtle. But it's a turtle called the Yellow Belly Cooter. :) I loved it.

So we hung out around the mall for a bit, where I purchased two CD's of joy (The John Mayer Trio's Try! and Journey's Greatest Hits) which went DIRECTLY onto my iPod as soon as I got home. My mission for a plain, black shirt with sleeves was fruitless, however. Balls. You wouldn't think a black top would be hard to find but you havne't been to Korea. I think my dream will never come true... Balls.

Came home and watched Brokeback Mountain again. Soul destruction occured... again. Why do I do that to myself?

I brought Lancelot to work with me today because there's still no kindies walking around, and I figured he'd enjoy it. He did a really good job, and loved all the attention. He didn't even poo inside!! Yay!! Back to the grind tomorrow, with a full teaching schedule.

The next year will be NO fun. :(

Much love.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I clicked on the analsurgery site, up all in Korean. The people LOOK nice!


Mom

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We call snapping turtles in the south Cooter's too! In Michigan, we call a bunch of drunks Cooters!

Love,

Coot!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously they are really called cooters by more people that drunk cooters????

Tiffany

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pooing outdoors is overrated. :oP

--Crystal

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home