Saturday, January 21, 2006

"It hurts every time..."--Rodney

Yes, I went to Rodney's last night to watch him drink himself to a stupor. I actually went because I wanted to hang out with people again before they leave... next week. Yes, everyone is leaving sometime next week or soon thereafter. It's crazy to think about how everyone I know, the few faces I recognize around town, will be gone. And new people will be here to take their places. Even though I'm not leaving, I'll be a wreck just because everyone else will be so sad... Gah. I guess it's all part of this job. People come and go, and that's how it works. Still, it's sad and exciting and necessary. So it will happen and we will deal with it.

I do feel bad for Rodney, though, because he's really losing his two best friends here and that always sucks. And James and Nadine have been here for two years; that's a lot of memories and time spent together. I mean, in Korea time, it's like 20 years or so. :)

Not much else exciting to report. My kindies are getting on my NERVES and I'm so glad it's the weekend so I can not see them for a minute. They still make me laugh, though, so that's good. The other day, Jinni was standing still and then just fell down. Just bam! on the ground. What is that about? Really... that poor girl can't stand up. Ever.

Tonight is The J's birthday celebration so I'm gearing up for that currently. And by "gearing up" I mean drinking lots of water and playing with my iPod. 1500 songs and counting... That rules.

Lancelot is doing well. He's learned that he can poo outside (yay) and right now he's being a good boy and laying on the floor. SO CUTE!

I'll update more soon. I'm so bad at doing it regularly!

Much love.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you are the "seasoned teacher" and maybe your job is to help the "newbies" get adjusted as you were.
New people, new possibilities.
Have a good week. Glad to hear that Lancelot is figuring out the pooping thing.
LY

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You DO need to update more regularly! I miss you. The other day my Mom called me to tell me that I was and "Aunt" Duh Mom, I totally knew that. I can't wait to actually meet the little one.

T-Dogg

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home