Monday, January 02, 2006

"Don't take a picture, remember this in your head."--Indigo Girls

Okay... I have pics now. So... let's get on with it.


Fresh off the plane and ready to go! We got in to Sai Gon Christmas Eve at about 2pm, Vietnam time.

This is our first hotel, the Lucky Hotel. I haven't seen a bathtub in a long time... I got a little bit excited.

This was my Christmas Day miracle... a New Kids on the Block video on MTV Europe. Magical.

We found a mall with a Christmas display. Actually, most of Sai Gon (Ho Chi Minh) was decorated. Kind of nice. And check out our outfits... Christmas Eve in capris and sandals. Sweeeeet.


Our first full day, we went to the Chu Chi Tunnels, a system of tunnels and traps that the Vietnamese people used during the war. This is Joanna in a tunnel's entrance. I wasn't about to try shoving myself in there!

Here we are in front of a tank that was actually used. What's up with my face?


And here I am IN a tunnel... This is the face of terror! It was so small and hot and dark in there, I kinda freaked out a little bit. It's fine.

We even got to shoot guns for $1.00 a bullet! It was Joanna's first time... but we Americans love our guns, so I felt like an old pro. Man it was loud though!

I'll update with more pics again soon, but it might take a while to get them all on because this pretty much hates uploading pictures. And I'm ready to get on to bed now and don't feel like doing any more.

Today was a nice day back. I hope this week is the same!

Much love.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is up with the way that you are holding that weapon? I am disgraced to admitt that you are from Michigan, the home of the Oklahoma city bombers and 50% of the Columbine shooters!

Tiffany

5:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He kinda made me hold it like that...
And that dude was crazy... no earplugs at all!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home