Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Fred: "So do you know anything about art?" Me: "Nope."

I had a good day off. This morning, my only dilema was deciding when to go to Starbucks because I thought Oprah was on, but it turned out to be Dr. Phil, so I could have just gone, but whatever. Stupid AFN that doesn't tell me what's on next... But anyway, good morning of Starbucks and chillin' out.

Then I met my friend Fredrick for the Matisse exhibit, and it was really cool. Unfortunately, neither of us know anything about art but still, any opportunity for culture and learning is fine with me. I mean, I may not know about art, but I can at least say I like something or I don't. Anyway, it was an exhibit of the Fauves, which was this French movement in painting before cubism, and used bold colors. The stuff was crazy with the colors! One lady's face alone was, like, 20 colors. I really liked it, though, better than the Reniassance/Baroque stuff I saw a couple weeks ago. It was mostly naked ladies and boats and stuff, and the ladies that WERE wearing clothes were all wearing big hats, which I support. I really liked most of the paintings I saw today.



We saw this chick, La Pompadour, a Matisse. Clearly.


And a naked chick, another Matisse.



And then we saw this lady by Louis Valtat called Sur le Boulevard. My limited French skills were tested with all the names of the paintings, and I did surprisingly well. I rule!

I discovered some cool painters that I like, namely Raoul Dufy and Emile Othon Friesz. Whatever, I'm cultured and fab.

The only bummer of the day is no dance because I'm TOTALLY feelin' the dance this week. Plus, I walked all the way there only to discover it was closed. Should'a had someone at work call, but let's be honest, I could use the walk.

Anyway, gotta get back to Grey's Anatomy because something SO secret happened between Meredith and George... FINALLY!

Much love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home