Monday, June 09, 2008

Summertime and the livin' is easy...

School's been out, officially, since Friday. We had to go in and "check out" (hand in keys, unplug crap, print enough garbage to fill a large recycling bin) and then it was sweet, sweet freedom. A few of us went out to lunch afterwards to a place called Scotty's that overlooks the water. It was a decent place, basically a bunch of tables under a tarp, and Lancelot was allowed in so it made me happy, since I took him to school with me. :) The assistant principal's daughter LOVED him and walked him all over the office, following me around until I left. It was cute.


Speaking of Lancelot, he's had a pretty exciting life lately! We found a new dog park with really nice grass and a little pond. Bubba went swimming for the first time! I was curious to see how he would react to swimming, since he doesn't really seem to like water, but he did a great job. I walked out into the water with him and he kept going deeper and deeper, sticking his paw out into the water, almost like he was trying to figure it out. Then he just stepped off and started swimming, although he kept circling in between my legs like some sort of obstacle course. It was cute! I took pictures, of course.
He's almost smiling he seems so proud of himself!

My dog is awesome. That's all there is to it. But his life wasn't all fun and games either. He went to the vet and got shots and a clean bill of health, although he's lost no weight, despite my best efforts. He and I could both stand to lose a bit, so maybe with the summer we'll take longer, more frequent walks. That may be the answer.

Nothing else too exciting as of now. My first event at church was yesterday and it went well. I was nervous because, I guess, no matter how well you plan things can still go wrong, but everything worked out and all the volunteers got to eat and everything went off pretty smoothly. I'm going in later today to work a bit more. I'm quite happy to have SOMEthing to do this summer, other than watch America's Best Dance Crew (OMG OBSESSED with it) and Take Home Chef. Don't judge.

Much love.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home