Sunday, April 20, 2008

Kamikaze Shenanigans

Oh. Man. I am SO tired. The five hour Dance-a-Thon last night KICKED my butt, thighs, calves and everything else. It was super fun, though, and my team TOTALLY won. We were pretty amazing. I'm almost certain it was because I made them brownies. :) My team was very, um, enthusiastic (competitive might be a better term) but it was a ton of fun and all for a good cause. Ask me about donating... Oh man... still dead though. I am too old for five continuous hours of dancing.


Here's a pic of our winning banner and me in front of it. We dressed up in an 80's "Workout Barbie" (thier words, not mine) theme. Good times.




This is me doing my pose from the banner sillouette. I don't even know why anyone would make that shape.



Got up this morning for church where I had to be on stage for the first time. I was pretty exausted but I pulled it out. The kids were really good, and everyone said I did a great job so yay for that.



Friday night was also a late one. T and I met up with our upstairs neighbor that we met a few weeks ago, and went to a couple bars in Coconut Grove. We went to Mone's, which is right by my school and has a pretty decent happy hour. Why it took me so long to go, I'll never understand. Anyway, it was a fun night and one of my dreams even came true...






It was a beautiful moment. :)

Last weekend, T went to Sarasota and I attempted to go to Beer Fest in Ft. Lauderdale. I actually made it, with my friend Jo and her boyfriend in tow, but once we saw the line we all decided Beer Fest was a poor use of our time. Instead we went bar hopping and met up with a couple of friends Jo knew from back in the day. My favorite part of the night, however, was the hour we spent driving around trying to locate this salsa club. It was pretty hilarious, I can't lie.

In life news, I've been drowning in a sea of papers for about three weeks now and there's little end in sight. Research papers are the devil and pretty much make me want to either maim myself or my students. Glorious. I'm also a bit stressed about getting everything done before the end of the year. It'll be here before I know it.

Got a couple leads on possible summer jobs, so I'm looking into those. I'm not married to any single idea yet, although today at the bookstore there were several clear signs from the Almighty that I should go to Ireland. I'm JUST sayin'...

Saw Sweeny Todd, Lars and the Real Girl, 27 Dresses, and American Gangster recently. Sweeny and Lars were my favorites. Lars was seriously so adorable and sad and perfect. I might need to buy it. Ryan Gosling makes my soul ache in that movie. And funny enough, Sweeny Todd was much the same--sad and quirky but perfect. I dug it, for sure.

New and exciting things on the horizon, mainly a free trip to Disney on Friday for Grad Nite with the seniors. It'll be a loooong night but I ain't above a free trip to Disney. Not one bit. I'm sure there will be plenty of pics to post.

Until then...

Much love.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home