Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Monkey Business!

I got back to Miami Saturday evening, with only one complication. There was a fire alarm while I was going through security, so all activity stopped for about 20 minutes. Then, when it finally started up again, they announcement finally came on: "An emergency has been reported. Please cease all activity and go to the nearest exit." No one seemed concerned, however, so I just moved on with life. Whatever.
Sunday Tiffany and I went out to the Redlands area, which has quite a few attractions. We'd planned on seeing a couple of things, but only managed to make it to one--Monkey Jungle. It's the place "Where monkeys run free and the people are caged."
It began as a place where this guy cold study the behaviors of monkeys in the wild, so he just got a colony and set them free, basically. They have seven acres to wander around in, and there's a pool and all kids of stuff. They have areas in the walkway where you can put food in a bowl on a chain and the monkeys pull it up. You can sort of see it in this picture. It's so damn cute!
When there's no one around, there's a certain spot where the ceiling fencing is really low and you can hand-feed the monkeys. NEVER tell!

There's another spot where all these tiny monkeys (I can't remember what kind) were, like, smashing eachother's faces in the wire to get to the food. It was pretty serious, look:

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

As I said, there's a pond area where they show how the monkeys swim. Apparently in the wild, these monkeys swim for their supper so it's not like they're trained to do it or anything. They weren't very interested in swimming by the time we saw them (it was later and they probably weren't hungry) but this guy did. He ain't above it!

Finally, there was one silverback gorilla who lives there named King. He could dance. He was SUPER cool and inspirational. Tiffany and I decided that we need to get a bunch of monkies and give them rapper names, and teach them to dance, and train them to walk Lancelot and turn on the TV. It's gonna be amazing. But, I digress. Here's King.

I'm just sayin' Tiffany and I bought season passes so we can go as many times as we want. Yay monkeys!

Today at school was a nightmare, and the drive home didn't make me any less angry because, apparently, when there are two left turn lanes, it's okay to turn from the farthest one INTO MINE. I look out my window at her and point to her lane, and she looks back at ME like I made some sort of mistake by STAYING IN MY LANE. Um... I have rage issues. Stupid idiot was lucky I have self control because I SO wanted to smash into her car. I'm not ready to be back in Miami dealing with all of its Miami-ness. Boooo.

XOXO

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home