Monday, October 01, 2007

Another day, another dollar

I seem to have established a routine at school, and I feel much more comfortable. I think the students also appreciate it; it's just easier for them when they sort of know what's coming. While they don't seem to get the routine (the ask me the dumbest questions ever) but I know if I changed it at all, they'd freak. So there's that...

Weekends I pretty much don't do a whole lot. I try not to work at all on Friday nights or Saturdays but pretty much all day Sunday I work on something or other. The BF and I don't really do much on weekends, especially lately because it's been raining for the past week. Nearly every day since last weekend it's been raining. This morning, it was a total nightmare. There was a huge storm and it was so dark outside... it let up for a minute and then it just let loose at school. Ugh. I move to Florida, The Sunshine State, and it rains for a dang week. A WEEK! No beach, no dog park, nothing but sitting inside with the occasional trip to the grocery store. It's so exciting I can barely stand it.

Our house is nearly all together. There's still a blank wall to contend with, but it's almost done. It's actually presentable at this point. I'll post some pics of our living room soon because I know you're all waiting to see it... or not. :)

Hmm, what else? Homecoming is coming up in two weeks. It'll be super busy with student council and then that weekend is going to be insane. The BF and I are going to the 50th Anniversary Gala, which should be interesting if not fun. It's a fancy party and basically my excuse to wear the $300 dress I bought and have yet to wear. It's a nice dinner and an open bar, and The BF and I are splitting the cost of one ticket, so you really can't go wrong.

In other school news ('cause really, what else do I have to talk about?) someone with a key went into my room and broke my stuff. Yeah... I'm pissed. It probably wasn't a kid (they don't have keys and my door is always locked once I leave) which ticks me off even more. Hi, if you're going to bust my stuff up and mess up my room, at least be an adult and apologize for it. Gah! My pineapple book ends... *sigh*

I talked to the B & N here to see about my transfer and ended up having to go in but I talked to the manager and she seemed really cool but the store was a total nightmare. There were holes on the shelves, books out of place all over; it was crazy. I'm hoping we can get something worked out but I guess I'll just have to wait to hear something, just like with pretty much everything around here. So yeah.

Uh... no other stories to relate at this point. I'm really hoping to see an old friend from college this weekend, but we're both so busy that we haven't been able to hook up yet. Fingers crossed!

Much love.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home