Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Life at home

Well, unlike my last job search, things seem to be happening this time around. I had an interview with Clark County, which is basically Las Vegas (the entire southern half of the state). The only thing I'm unsure about (besides whether or not I want to actually teach) is if I want to live in Vegas or not. I've also applied to every district in North Carolina but am having trouble actually getting an interview, even though they send me emails telling me they want to interview me. Um, awesome. As far as non-teaching professional jobs go, nothing's really happening there either. I'm still holding out hope for a summer gig, at least. I'd really like to start making money so I can pay my bills.

The crappiest part is, if I move, I can't have my birthday prom. Again.

I've been thinking a lot lately about a "Five Year Plan" for my life, figuring that if I make one things will materialize and my life will take shape the way I want it too in a whole "Law of Attraction" sort of way. The scariest thing, though, is that in five years I'll be 30, going on 31. YIKES. And, as of right now, I have a lot of desire but very little direction. No one tells you life is going to be like this; no one tells you that somewhere after college you sort of get lost...

I think what I'll do is make a list, a list of things I want to come into my life, and read it once a month, just to focus myself.

Anyway, things are happening and I'm hoping that one of them will be the right thing.

Much love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home