Monday, May 28, 2007

Working for a living

It's been a long time since I updated, which is pretty sad because I actually have stuff to report. Since my last post, I got a job. I'm now working at Barnes and Noble in the Lansing Mall and so far, I really love it. Crystal was right, it's really fun. I'm still getting used to the register procedures, but I really enjoy being around the customers and reccomending books and all my co-workers seem nice too.

It kinda sucks, though, because I like to so much that I don't want to quit, which I might have to do. I'm hoping I can transfer because... I'm moving to Miami to teach come August. I'm hoping to transfer to a B&N in Miami ans work maybe a couple weekends a month and holidays/days off, but I don't know if it'll work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Y'see, that five year plan I was thinking about last entry? I think I've got it figured out. It goes like this: two years in Miami wherein I will utilize school breaks and the convenience of Miami International Airport to travel to South America and take my U.K. trip. After two years, I will go back to school full time and get my Master's while working at B&N and (hopefully) working enough hours to get insurance through them. After that, it'll be career and settle down time, capping off the five year plan with a trip to see the Olympics in London. I'm hoping that if I throw that all out into the universe, I'll somehow make it happen. All that "Law of Attraction" and stuff... or something.

In non-job news, I've seen a lot of movies lately and basically just hung out. I obtained a pop corn bucket after my viewing of Pirates 3, and it's pretty much awesome. A $25 dollar value for absolutely free thanks to a dumb teenager. My life is awesome.

Mom and I went out today and I was looking at house stuff (yay!) and and I signed my contract at LaSalle. August is gonna come really soon.

Man, I just remembered that I hate packing.

Much love.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger omega7j said...

Congratulations on the job! It sounds like a good plan. You will have to let me know your UK plans....would be fun to join you! lol..if you wanted company. I like your idea of the 5 year plan too....I was thinking the same thing recently. I am finishing out my contract here next year and then who knows where I go from there? Its all an adventure, thats for sure :) I hope you are enjoying your summer vacation. I will hopefully hopefully hopefully see you this summer!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home