Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Carnivale!

So I actually did something worth noting this weekend. Aliesha and I went to the Carnivale celebration down town. It consisted of a parade (Aliesha's sister was dancing in it, so her mom and dad went too) and a festival area with food and tents of stuff.


The parade was set to start at noon, so of course it started around 2. It was okay, though, because Aliesha and I showed up late and, once we found spots, we had time to hit up a BK bathroom and Checkers for fries. And let me just say: this Checkers experience, my first EVER, was HIlarious. There was a giant group of people there for the parade in front of us (they sounded Jamacian) and they were being so funny. It was highly entertaining.

So anyway, here's what we saw.

I love, love, LOVE these trees. I wanted my picture taken under one. My dream came true.

Then we had a little tour around and I saw this. It's called the Freedom Tower and it's sort of like the Ellis Island of Miami, where everyone who comes in (the Cubans, let's be honest) goes. I thought it was really pretty.

Okay... Now the parade. Here's a couple of the crazy costumes and the whole regalia.

Notice the Bjork-style swan get up. Only, y'know, appropriate for the context. And this guy who LOOOOVES his life!

Seriously, some of the outfits were crazy! It was surely a sight to see.

Finally, we went into the acutal festival area and this was a view of the bridge and a bunch of the tents. The color's not great, but being there it looked really cool.

As far as life goes, school's gonna be pretty busy these next couple weeks. Homecoming is a week from Friday, and the 50th Anniversary Gala is the following Saturday. T and I are going and she's still searching for a dress. Student council is decorating the gym to the nines again, although that might actually be done this week. The kids are working hard on floats, buildings, and all kinds of other crazy stuff. It should be fun, and I'm excited about it, but it sure is a lot of work. And I'll pretty much have to live at school next Friday and Saturday. But whatever. I'll report back with pics, I'm sure.

Much love!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home