Sunday, October 21, 2007

Homecoming

I survived Homecoming/50th Anniversary weekend. I should get a prize.


Spirit Week was, as you saw, spirited. I had a bit of fun, but Twin Day was clearly the best.

The pep rally and game were Friday. The rally was a complete nightmare because the demon mascot (a lion with evil eyes) kept running all around and I was freaking out. I HATE a mascot. After the rally, I ran home, changed, saw my dog and roomie and then went back to school to watch the game at 7. Well... it was delayed for 45 minutes. Nice. It was okay though because I made a new friend (Freddy's BFF Mellie, also the older sister of one of my student council kids) who is awesome. Yay me.


The game was fine and the Royals won, so everyone was happy. I was unhappy, however, when I had to pick up garbage on the field because the kids didn't do it and there was a huge misunderstanding. Yeah... Student Council isn't the most organized thing ever. ANYway, the dance went well and it looked amazing, the kids seemed to have a good time, and it was all considered a success. I wsa at school until 1 am, and then I had to come home and get right back by 10:30 am for mass the next day. Boo life.


The mass was at 11 and we were "required" to go, although they couldn't legally tell us to be there because it wasn't contracted. Still, almost everyone went and it was pretty much a nightmare. It just wasn't organized well at all and was a bit longer than I would have liked, but we got free food afterwards so it was okay. I'll do a lot for free food, I can't lie.

Saturday night was the 50th Anniversary Gala, so after the mass I came home and rested as much as I could, and then headed to get my hair done at 5. The salon was running late, as was Tiffany, so needless to say we got to the gala late. We made it before dinner, though, so it was fine. Plus, we both looked hot. I got my hair done in, like, 1920s style finger-waves (a dream in life, I'll be honest) and it was SO awesome. All the ladies in the salon loved it.

Anyway, here's the gala in brief.


Tiffany and I looked hot.



Freddy's dad is my new boyfriend.




We ended up parking on the opposite side of the ballroom and we had to convince these guys to let us out that way too. It was like a spy movie back there! I wanted people to be chasing me for the anecdote or something...


After the gala, T and I went crusing thorough South Beach because we kind of got turned around and figured we might as well. We saw the tatoo place where they film Miami Ink.



All in all, I'm glad I went and I really loved finally wearing my dress and having my hair done and looking hot.


Today my plan was to sit around and read Love in the Time of Cholera again, but Jo called me and we went out to a scavenger hunt on Miami Beach organized by the Miami Herald and Dave Barry. Apparently, it happens every year and the grand prize is a cruise. Jo and I figured it was better than doing nothing, so we headed out. We didn't fare too well but we had fun, got a bit of exercise and, oh yeah, met Dave Barry!


I'm a nerd, I know, but it was awesome.


Tomorrow I'm hoping for some beach time, but we'll see. I may be completly unmotivated to move a muscle. I deserve to vege, darnit!

If you want some more photos, check this out. It's an album I made on Facebook. It's got a few more pictures than the ones I've posted here.


Much love.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home