Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween and other bits of fun

Let's see... My three day week last week was great. It should happen all the time. Parent/teacher conferences went well too, much better than I thought they would. I barely even had a line, and most of the parents seemed to know their kid, which, sadly, is not often the case. I can't really complain about how it went.

This week was supposed to be a six-day week (we have Open House on Saturday, for prospective freshmen to come and see the school) but today, about 20 minutes after we got to school, the lights went out. About 20 minutes after that, we all went home. It kind of stinks that I had to get up in the first place, but I can't complain about it. I DID get most of the day off, and had a nice lunch at Titanic Brewery with Tiffany. I also found a little treasure at Publix for Lancelot. He got a Halloween costume! Can you guess who he is?


CAPTAIN Jack sparrow, of course! How cute is it? He hated it but I didn't care! I'm so mean.

Tiffany and I took him to her work for a little holiday spirit, and here we are, at the UM call center.

Here he is with our pumpkin, Lola. Aren't they cute together?


In other Halloween news, I saw my friend from college Erika on Friday. We haven't seen eachother since we graduated, so it was great to see her again and catch up. We met freshmen year through dance, and she's been down here since graduation working on her Ph.D. 'cause she's a smarty. We went out for a quick bite, then went to a Halloween party with some people from her department. Anyway, here we are, dressed up. She's a belly dancer and I'm... from the 80s, I guess.

Whatever, I'm not that into Halloween. Or any holidays at all, really. It's fine.

The BF and I discovered this cute ice cream place near our house and favorite gas station. They have doggie cones (Lancelot loved it), good ice cream, and nice employees. A lovely and winning combination. Wall's ice cream gets our vote.

That's about it for me. I've gotta walk the dog one last time and head to bed. So far, we do have school in the morning.

XOXO

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was 28 here when I woke up this morning... enjoy your warm weather!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home