Friday, January 25, 2008

This week was kinda dark...

There's been too much death this week. Heath Ledger died (I'm still not over it, let's be real) and then today my jump drive died. EVERY quiz, every test, every worksheet, EVERYTHING I've made so far this year was on it. I went to Comp USA to see if they could recover anything and... they're closing. I think they literally just took the signs down from the Bombay in our complex and moved them down the street. SO... looks like all my hard work's been totally wasted. Awesome. My life is really hard.

This week at work was pretty good, though, otherwise. I had Monday off (thank you, Dr. King!) and then we had "Workshop Week". I don't quite understand the point of it, even now that it's over, but it meant I didn't have to teach and I basically just sat at my desk, chilled to music, and talked to kids all day. These past two days teachers had to watch (and grade) debates and presentations that were, although monotonous, pretty interesting and well done. There's some part of me that's really proud of them, and another part that feels like this whole week's been a waste of time.

Anyway, as I said, I had Monday off and Tiffany did too. So... we decided to head back to my new favorite place, Monkey Jungle. It was drizzly and crappy out but oh well. We also made it to Knaus Berry Farm and had the most amazing cinamon rolls ever. They tasted like monkey bread but bigger and not quite as overpowerlingly sweet. Mmm. Plus, we saw this sign on the way and it made me chuckle.

At Monkey Jungle we saw Mae's show (she was in a bad mood last time and didn't do much for us) and she was SO CUTE. Here we are, chillin' in the drizzle.
This is one of her "tricks." Apparently she likes the rain so she did her show.

Plus, I took some pictures of the baby gibbon.

I SO want a monkey! I can't even TAKE it!

Um... oh. Finally spent my Target gift cards that I got for Christmas on the bed stuff I really wanted. I got two pillows (that I LOVE LOVE LOVE) and a bedspread. Here's a pic, so y'all can see. This pic has the best color and the best shot of my pillows of joy.






Not sure what this weekend holds but I hope the weather gets nicer. I kind of want to go to the beach.



I love that I can say that... in JANUARY!



Much love.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the bedspread and pillows. Very pretty. Love Mom

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home