Monday, May 26, 2008

Still here, counting down the days

Yep, I'm still alive. I don't have much exciting news to report, but here's the latest.

My summer plans, as of now, include

  • migrant camp in West Palm for a week with school kids
  • a summer job at church planning our main summer event for kids as well as helping with the Sunday morning program, plus continuing to volunteer
  • a possible trip to Texas to volunteer at kids camp, again for church
  • a trip home sometime in July

The job is great because it'll give me something to do a couple days a week, plus some extra money that I can save for trips for spring break and/or next summer break. I'm also just really excited about it becaue the church I'm attending is doing great things in and for Miami.



Went to Monkey Jungle again last weekend for the third time. I'll tell ya--they are losing money on Tiffany and I! We bought season passes and got our money's worth by visit two. Sometimes, you just need some monkeys in your life. Plus, I got a new boyfriend...


Also last weekend we went to Sam's club and found this sign. I think it just goes to show that Miami really IS a foreign country.


Who doesn't love a nuzzle at the gas pump? I know I do!

This weekend was a long weekend, five days to be exact. Sadly, though, graduation was on Thursday and I had to go, along with every other ILS teacher. It was not enjoyable at all, but I looked really cute so that's all that matters. Here's a pic of me, Ali, and Ann (the other Michigander).

I guess we sort of graduated too, in a way. We graduated from our first year at LaSalle. There as a lunch afterwards that I was going to attend but the clock just kept ticking and ticking and it got later and later and I couldn't deal with people anymore so I didn't go. I got an oil change instead. lol

Didn't do much else exciting this long weekend. Went to the beach for a minute on Friday, until it got cloudy. Saturday was errands all over town. I went to get my car liscensed and registered in Florida and it was, as usual, a nightmare. I'm speaking to the lady in English and as soon as she sees my name, switches to Spanish. Um... Hi? I was speaking to you in ENGLISH the entire time I've been standing in front of you. I don't know the Spanish words for what I'm trying to tell you! It all worked out, though. Sunday was church and errands, and an unplanned but fruitful trip to Home Depot where I got some nice table lamps for cheap. Woot! Today was work and errands. It's nice to have some time off just to get stuff DONE. I'm so excited for the summer when I won't have to grade papers all weekend and I can just improve the things I did last year instead of invent things from scratch. 8. More. Days.

Finally, some gratuitous cuteness, in doggie form, to get you through the week.

Happy Memorial Day!

Much love.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home