Saturday, March 07, 2009

Geraldine Spice's Debut

Last night at church we had a women's event called Flavour. The pastor's wife, Lisa Young, comes from Texas (my church is based there and we're just one of the six or so campuses) and speaks to the women of the church. Well, I was asked to host the event. I basically had to be a talk-show host and interview these different people for a fashing segment and a "going green" segment.

My character ended up being this eclectic mix of, like, Helen Madden (from SNL), a HSN host, and a bi-polar cheerleader. It was a hot mess, let me tell you, but Geraldine Spice was fun to play and I had a great time. Everyone said I was hilarious, so that was awesome. It was a little nerve-wracking to perform in front of the head pastor and his wife and family, but they enjoyed it so that felt great. Nothing like showing off a little bit. ;) Lisa actually told me someone asked her if I was hired for the event! And she was like, "Nope, the talent just showed up." Love it!

I love that I get to act at church--if it's not at FC Kids, it's at this event or something else. It's so much fun to be on stage, I can't get enough! It's so awesome that I have an outlet for that.

After the event, I went out to the Kendall Ale House with a couple of women from the event. I had a delicious burger and a beer and loved my life.

I'm currently at school proctoring the placement exam. I do NOT love my life. But speaking of school and stage, next week is Royal Idol (the school talent show) and Melanie and I are going to do a "music video." Hopefully, if we can get it worked out, it'll be awesome. We're doing this song called "That's Not My Name" and we're going to, of course, play on the fact that we're both Garcias. Hopefully it'll work out and be awesome. Last year I danced with Fredy and the kids loved it so I have to top that this year. No pressure or anything...

Later today I'll probably head to Boca to rondevous with Annie. Don't know what we'll do, but chillin' with her for a bit will be a nice change.

Oh! Forgot to mention! On Thursday there was a GV alum event in Ft. Lauderdale. I made the treck up there to attend. I met President Haas and his wife, both of whom are very nice, and some other alum as well. President Hass answered some questions and let me say, I am so proud that I went to and graduated from Grand Valley. It is an amazing place. It's the greenest school in Michigan, the second hardest school to get into in Michigan, and the grads are doing amazing things in Michigan, the US, and the world. I could NOT be prouder. GO LAKERS!!

Finally, I started a quote collection on-line. If you want to check it out (it's a work in progress) click here: alilovesquotes. I figured it was better than random pieces of paper everywhere.

Alrighty... I have grading to do that I am avoiding like the plague. Time to get to it!

Much love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home