Monday, November 17, 2008

Another check on the "Things You Must Do Before You Die" list

Friday night, Tiffany and I planned a classy evening out, complete with dinner and a French movie. Turns out, though, that the French movie festival was over, so that plan went kaput. We decided instead to hang out in the Grove and see what the night brought us.

What it brought us was cheese fondue at Le Petit Paris, and a lovely waiter whom we enjoyed thoroughly. He even took these cute Quince pictures of us. It's all about faux Quince pictures down here, not senior pictures. The chairs (and the $3 "Happy Wine" too, no doubt) inspired us.

A classic Quince pose...

After fondue (or, if you're us, FUNdue) we headed to Mr. Moe's where we thoroughly enjoyed the bartender. He was actually a great conversationalist, and semi-interesting as well. And a homo, which I loved. Anyway, after one beer there, dude shows up with a mechanical bull.

Now, I've never ridden a mechanical bull before, but it's one of those things you just need to try in life. It helped, I suppose, that there were about 6 people in the bar besides us, and these two old dudes couldn't WAIT for T and I to get on the bull. Whatever, I ain't above givin' a couple old dudes a thrill. So... I got on.

I can't say it's my calling in life by any means, but I gave it three good gos and I'm quite satisfied with the results. But of course, three times means three falls.

And three attempts to get on again.

All said and done, it was another check off on the list, and all I ended up with was a bruise on my right knee, thighs that still hurt from squeezing the bull, two new old guy friends, and a new boyfriend, a total bear of a guy...

And the bruise? Yeah, it's pretty. Here, I took a picture of it...

It's all sorts of blue and purple and pink. And big. The photo really doesn't do it justice!!

Post bull riding, we decided to leave but ran into Ali and Bree-Anna and had a drink (and some AMAZING hummus) with them at Greenstreet Tavern. It was a beautiful night out, and we sat outside and watched the guys pulling stunts and ladies in tuck-tucks (or whatever they're stinkin' called around here!). Good times.

Nothing else too exciting to report for the weekend, except that I went to Merrick Park (read: EXPENSIVE stores like Gucci, Dianne Von Furstenberg, Carolina Herrera, and Nordstrom's to name a few) and lamented the fact that I'm a teacher and make practically nothing. It's SUPER awesome.

Anyway, I've got a long week ahead of me, so I better get to bed.

Much love!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm... Fondue and Hummus sound like a perfect evening. You coming back to Michigan for Christmas this year?

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home