Thursday, September 18, 2008

SeaQuarium Pics

Here's a link to the Facebook album of my SeaQuarium pics. Some of them are pretty nice if I do say so myself.

In other news, on Tuesday I went on the SALTT fieldtrip back up to Boynton Beach to see the little kids from camp again. They were, as I expected, cute as heck. One kid asked me if I was a model, and another told me I was a rockstar. It made me happy. I forgot how cute those kids were until I saw them again. And seeing my students see them again was also great--my students' lives are being changed and they don't even know it. Or maybe they do. Either way, a great thing is happening and I'm excited to have been a small part of it.

Other than that, I haven't been up to much. Had a bit of a cold but it seems to be getting better. My car was possessed by Satan for almost a week, some electrical short, but I managed to truck it out to a dealership today and the dude replaced a faulty switch that was apparently causing the problem. It was so bad I had notes from the security guards on my car two days in a row. The first day I had two notes--one in English and one in Spanish. The second day, this morning, it was only one note. Apparently the alarm was going off every 2-3 minutes all night. It was going off at school on Tuesday too. But, now it's fixed, and it was under warrenty, so the world is right again.

I'm currently watching Chapter 27 and am slightly terrified and enthralled all at once. In it, Jared Leto ( who gained a TON of weight for the role) playes Mark David Chapman and it goes through his journey the three days he spent in NY waiting to kill John Lennon. It's creepy because he was obsessed with The Catcher in the Rye, and some of the dialogue it just spot on from the book. It's freaking me out, but it's a pretty amazingly written movie, and the performance is just spot on. Wow.

Looking forward to the weekend!

Much Love.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home