Thursday, September 25, 2008

I love a light house!

There's just something about a light house... I love them. They're old school Americana, and they remind me of home. I've always wondered what that life must've been like and sort of thought I'd be pretty good at it. Just chillin' out in a light house, guiding boats to the shore. It seems like a great life. So anyway, com to find out there's a light house out on Key Biscayne in Bill Baggs (or as I call it, Bilbo Baggins) State Park. There's a drawing of it in the office at school, and I was just mentioning how I would like to see it, and then this past weekend, T and I went on a quest to the beach and dreams came true. We tried a new beach instead of the usual one, and we hit Bilbo Baggins instead. It was a nice morning. Here's proof:


The thing about Florida in the summer is that it rains all the time and you really just have to carpe diem on every nice day there is.

In other news, I went to see The Family That Preys with friends from church (Michigan girls!). I wasn't dying to see it or anything, but I DID want to see a movie last weekend so mission accomplished. It was pretty good--I mean, in general, Tyler Perry's movies are generally well constructed and have a good balance of seriousness, message, and humor. I just like Tyler Perry, what can I say? Plus, it's pretty fun to see a movie with a bunch of black folks, because they ain't above talkin' to the movie, and anyone who knows me knows I ain't above it either!

I also went to see the final performance of RENT last night with Fredy. The show closed and the final performance was filmed and released this weekend only for four shows in theaters. I wanted to go with Annie, but she lives about an hour away and I just don't want to make that drive at 9:30 at night. Boo. But the show was, as always, amazing. The girl who played Maureen was AMAZING and the original "Seasons of Love" soloist came back. I'm really glad I got to go. RENT means so much to so many people, and has for so long, the closing of the show is monumental. Of course there will be revivals and stuff years down the road, but it will never be like it is at this time. So yeah... Goodbye RENT.

Finally, I'm going back to Michigan for the first VanCooter wedding this weekend. I'm semi-packed (which is good for me, let's be real) and SO EXCITED!! I get to see some of my favorite people, meet my sister's future in-laws (Are they, technically my in-laws as well? No?), AND get Lancelot back! Yay!

Much love.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home