Monday, November 24, 2008

My weekend, ETC

I spent all weekend at school. Literally. Like, I slept there, in the library. You see, there was a retreat over the weekend called ETC (Encounter Towards Christ) that I've been helping out with for the past 6 weeks or so, attending weekly meetings with Lancelot.

Everything came together perfectly and, even though it was chaotic and stressful at times, the retreat went really well. The kids who were leaders did a great job with their small groups, as well as cooking and doing other tasks at the retreat. The participants, although there were not that many, all had very spiritual and amazing experience. Overall, I think it was a huge success.

Even today, I'm still thinking about it. I'm still trying to process some of what happened. It really bolsters me when I see the kids outside of school, acting like human beings instead of annoying, whiny, needy creatures. It's why I do things like SALTT camp and this retreat, so I can have some faith in humanity restored. It makes me proud to teach these kids. It makes me think that maybe, just maybe, the world will be okay in the future, instead of doomed.

The weekend was exhausting but well worth it. And I'll have a long weekend to recover. Woot!

Okay, here's a group photo of ETC #57. I'm in the back, next to the light green shirt. On the left. Yeah... tiny, I know. Still, the ETC #57 family was great.

I didn't get to go see the Twilight movie yet because of the retreat. I'm dealing. I'm planning to go see it Wednesday, provided I get paid tomorrow. I'm okay with it because I'll probably miss the throngs of squealing girls. Still, I kind of can't wait to see it.

In other news, Thanksgiving is on Thursday and and I'm bummed that I'll be here. But I really, really can't afford to go home so here is where I'll stay. I've got four Thanksgiving dinners planned, though, so I'll just eat my feelings. One was at ETC (THE most amazing turkey I've EVER had), and then one every night from Thursday to Saturday. I'm about to = a big fat fatty.

Much love!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home