Saturday, June 05, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

Last weekend, Memorial Day weekend to be exact, was a lovely, long one for me. We had Thurday-Monday off from school and it was glorious. Granted, we had to go to graduation on Thursday, but that wasn't too bad, especially since the cool kids (really, just anyone who wanted to go, lol) went to CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) afterward for lunch. I think it's becoming tradition. Eating some delicious pizza tends to soften the blow. Graduation was also slightly less painful because a) I sat by awesome people and not the scary creeper I've somehow ended up near every other year and b) I knew most of the kids. Turns out, those two elements help the time pass much more quickly.

Friday, we had some people over for nachos and we played some games, and after that I went out in Brickell with The Russian Ballerina. I'm trying to go to different places instead of the same old ones, so it was a good experience. I had a fun, chill evening, so that was awesome.

Saturday I didn't do much--graded some papers, went to the pool, watched a movie. It was nice to just relax a bit.

Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, The Aussie and I decided to have an adventure to Marco Island, over on the Gulf side of the state by Naples. We got a magical parking space after leaving the only parking lot and coming back to it. Then, we headed to the beach.

We spent a good part of the day on the beach, just sitting in the sun and enjoying a good friend and a lovely location. Plus, we had to make the two hour drive worth our while. I forgot my camera (dumb, I know) so all the photos are thanks to The Aussie. This one in particular is awesome because I have some sort of laser beam coming out of my eye like Cyclops from The X-Men. Basically, if the government finds out I'll be taken for experiments.

The sand was made of shells, which means it's virtually impossible to remove from human flesh, but the water was so nice and warm, I actually went in a few times. Oh, and it has been decided that salt water+my hair=hot beach hair. Win! Anyway, here's a view of the beach where we spent our time...

The Aussie drove us home (I drove us there), but not without a stop for ice cream. We stopped at, I think it was, a 7-11, where we discovered a magical treat called the Twix ice cream bar. Soooooo good...

When we got back to Miami, our friend and co-worker Tanya (the one I went to Ireland with, remember?) made us hamburgers on her brand new grill. And honestly, what's Memorial Day weekend without hamburgers on the grill? The Aussie and I had spent a good portion of the day taunting Tanya about the meal, since we both wanted her to come to the beach with us instead of staying home. The meal was delicious, and the company equally so.

Yeah, it was a good day. :)

Much love.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Wife of a Sailor said...

You DO have hot beach hair! Miss you!

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home