Friday, March 26, 2010

Since We Last Saw Each Other

I've been up to the same shenanigans--literature, arts, you know how I roll.

Crystal, whose friendship with me is old enough to drink legally, was in Orlando a couple weeks ago with her boyfriend and I drove up there to see her since I hadn't in over a year. We didn't manage to get together at Christmas, so I figured four hours there and back was worth it. So I drove to Kissime where she was staying, and another friend from Sarasota met us there too, and we had ourselves a lovely afternoon.

We decided to go to Celebration, which is the town owned by Disney. As Stew so eloquently put it, it's a place where most people "drink the Kool-Aide." The town was pristine and had a total Pleasantville feeling about it. It was creepy in a completely calming way. The whole place was totally...serene. Check out this lake, for example:

Serene, right? And of course, there was a fountain. And of COURSE we took a picture by it...

We had lunch together at a Japanese place, and then dinner a few hours later at a seafood place. Crystal's boyfriend Andy joined us. It was great to meet him. Anyway, Crystal, Stew, and I have a sort of tradition, I guess, when it comes to taking pictures. We like funny poses in restaurants. So this time, we came up with this...


We are awesome, I know. Be jealous. :)

It was a great day and the four hour drive both ways was totally worth it. Now I just need to get up to Sarasota to see Stew more often.

I also went to go see The Vagina Monologues at Lynn in Boca because Annie directed them this year. The show is always great to see, and it's also always for a good cause. There were some new monologues this year that I'd never seen before, which was cool, and, of course, the old standbys as well. Overall, it was a great show and I'm really proud of Annie for putting it together so well.

In other news, I've been really into spoken word poetry lately. I've been watching loads and loads of poets on YouTube, and even looking into readings and open mic nights here. We'll see if I actually finish any of the poems I'm working on, or if I manage to gather the courage to share them. We'll see. But in the mean time, here's one of my favorites, by a guy named Jon Sands, it's called Mollie & Jacob.

I've been out of my mind busy but that means I'll have a lot to talk about, so get ready!

Much love.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Stew Carrier said...

HOLLA AT'CHA BOI! ;-) Love seeing you and Crystal. Or Crystal. Or you. Or just me in a mirror.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home