Wednesday, October 26, 2005

"You can run a red light..."--Jonny Lang

I've realized something about Korea: red lights are simply a suggestion. You don't feel like stopping? Fine, go right on through, please. Disregard any people walking across if you wish, it's FINE. And the weird part is, I see ambulances (or should I say "ecnalubmas?") sitting patiently at red lights, sirens on, just waiting. Um... aren't you on your way to AN EMERGENCY?! Just wondering... And the running of red lights is BLATANT. I was in a cab once, granted it was probably 1:00 AM or so but still, and dude slowed down, gave a glance, and kept on driving. Um... neat. And I wonder why that same night I passed an accident where there was a MAN LAYING ON THE ROAD with cars all backed up behind him. I wouldn't drive here if you paid me, I'm pretty sure.

Performance theater was today. I wanted my kids to do "Ghostbusters" sort of as an homage to some pals back home (miss you Girl!!) but found out 4 school days before that another teacher was doing the same thing. So balls. But anyway, we ended up doing a good job at this semi-crappy five-line poem. At least my kids have the Cute Factor going for them. And SPEAKING of the Cute Factor, here are some pics of other classes performances.

Rachel's class, my Miffers as I call them, doing "Old Mac Donald Had a Farm" with animal hats on. Aaron, the kid in the duck hat, actually knows my name and says hi to me every day. SO CUTE!

James' class, Elmer, singing "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC. AHHHH! Baby headbangers!!!! Check out the boys' hair... one kid had a sweet mohawk!

Ugh, had a busy day today. Meeting, then school, then Language Exchange with Jade, then dance and finally home. I should get off to bed soon, but let's be honest, I'll be up for another two hours. Whatever. And tomorrow we all have to stay after school to decorate for Halloween. I'm secretly excited about it because I love doing crappy team-building community stuff like that. I=NERD.

But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love, y'all.

Ciao.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are too cute.

And please, for the love of God, don't have any emergencies down there! Oy, they may never get to you!!! ;o)

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the above, that was me.
--Crystal

11:48 AM  
Blogger omega7j said...

Where's my cute class huh? Huh? Feel so upset that you left them out ;) (Really, thanks for taking the video for me...they look really cute on my video :) )

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home